- Cancer Health Insurance
- What Is The Medicare Safety Net?
- Health Insurance Claim Process
- Best Health Insurance
- Cheap Health Insurance
- Rate Rise Calculator
- Health Cover Check-Up
- Hospital & Extras Cover
- Ambulance Cover
- Dental Cover
- Pregnancy Insurance
- Health Insurance Waiting Periods
- Health Insurance Tax
- Penalties & Benefits
- How To Save On Health Insurance
- About Medicare Levy Surcharge (MLS)
- Australian Government Rebate
- Health Insurance Rate Rise
- The Medicare Levy
- Medical Gap Scheme
- Australian Government Rebate
- Life Stages Health Insurance
- Why Should I Get Health Insurance?
- Joining a Health Fund
- Review your health cover
- Switching Health Funds
- Finding the Right Health Insurance
- Tips On Selecting Health Insurance
- A better way to buy health insurance
- Participating Health Funds
- myOwn Health Insurance
- Medibank Private Health Insurance
- Frank Health Insurance
- Australian Unity
- Bupa Health Insurance
- Latrobe Health Services
- Health Partners
- Health Insurance For IVF
- Private Health Insurance Tiers
- How To Discover If You Need Health Insurance
- Health Insurance & Pre-Existing Conditions
- Health Insurance Reforms
- Health Insurance FAQs
- Health Insurance Glossary
- How We Make Money
- How To Cancel Your Health Insurance
- Body Mass Index (BMI) Calculator
- Health Insurance For Cosmetic Surgery
- Health Care Insurance
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
- What Is HICAPS?
- Health Insurance For Single Parents
- Allied Health
iSelect helps Australians compare and save on the boring but important stuff.
That’s why we’ll give you the confidence to make the right call on some of the things that matter most. So you can spend time doing, well… anything else.
How iSelect works
We’re proud of the service we provide to the millions of Australians who seek our expert advice each year on some of life’s most important purchase decisions.
We believe it is important for us to be completely transparent about how we operate and how we make money, so here’s everything you need to know.
Buy with confidence
- We’re not owned by an insurance company: We’re proud to be a publicly listed Australian company, and unlike other comparison services, we are not owned by an insurance company and we do not own any of the companies or brands whose products we sell.
- Same price, no mark-up: We don’t mark up the price of the products we sell, so you’ll pay the same as buying direct. This means you’ll pay exactly the same price buying through us as you would going direct to the provider (excluding corporate discounts and exclusive retail offers).
- Our service costs you nothing: You pay nothing for our expert advice and it comes with no obligation.
- We’ll tell you what we really think: If we can’t find you a better deal, we’ll be honest about it and tell you to stay exactly where you are.
How we make money
While our expert advice costs you nothing, we know there is no such thing as a free lunch. We’re a business and that means we need to make money – after all, we’ve got more than 700 talented staff to pay!
Instead of charging you a fee, we are paid a ‘commission’ by the company that owns whichever insurance, utilities or finance product you choose to purchase. Put simply, a commission is a percentage of the cost of the policy, product or plan you buy.
The commission we are paid by product providers is an economical way for them to attract new customers, and in many cases costs less than their own advertising or sales activity.
How our advice service works
We recommend what’s right for you, not what’s right for us
At iSelect, we are much more than just an online comparison website. Comparing online is just the first step in our personalised comparison and expert advisory service. That’s why most of our customers chose to speak over the phone with one of our 500 highly-trained expert advisers at iSelect HQ.
Our expert advisers are rewarded for the quality of advice they provide and the number of customers who they help to make the right decision.
In fact, the adviser you speak with does not know how much iSelect is paid by the company that owns the product they are recommending. We keep our commission arrangements completely confidential – even from our advisers – so you can be confident that our advice and recommendations are based only on your individual needs.
We are also increasing industry competition by helping smaller companies to reach new customers.
So how do we help you decide?
- Expertise: We’re experts in the boring stuff so you don’t have to be. Our advisers receive ongoing, specialist training to make sure you get accurate advice and outstanding customer service.
- Technology: Want to know how our website algorithms work? Nah, we didn’t think so. All you need to know is that our intuitive technology and data capabilities help narrow down available options.
- Personalisation: We get that different things are important to different people. By asking the right questions and really getting to know you, we’ll expertly match your individual needs to the best suited product.
- Choice: We’re a one-stop-shop. We’ll take care of the whole process from start to finish so there is no easier way to compare and buy, all in one place.
Protecting your privacy
We take our obligation to protect our customers’ personal information very seriously. With over 7 million visits to our website each year, it is extremely important for us to get it right. That is why we have invested in state of the art security measures to protect the data we hold.
If you do not wish to be contacted by us anymore, all you need to do is let us know and we will honour your wish, even if it makes us feel a little sad.
Leading by example
We’re proud to be Australia’s leading destination for personalised comparison and expert advice across insurance, utilities and personal finance products.
We are a fully compliant member of the Private Health Insurance Intermediaries Association (PHIIA) and signatory to their Code of Conduct. We also helped develop and are a signatory to the Energy Comparator Code of Conduct (ECCC).
iSelect is also regulated by a number of government agencies including:
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC)
- Australian Prudential and Regulatory Authority (APRA)
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC)
In order to provide certain financial products, we do this under each of our Australian financial services licences (Life Insurance AFSL 331128, General Insurance AFSL 334115 and InfoChoice AFSL 349445 ACL 349445, and as an authorised representative of Australian Finance Group (AFG) under their Australian Credit Licence 389087.