- Overseas Visitors Cover
- Overseas Visitors Cover, is it for me?
- Benefits of having Overseas Visitors Cover
- How do I purchase Overseas Visitors Cover with iSelect?
- Ambulance services
- Choosing the right Cover
- Eligibility for Overseas Visitor Cover
- Reciprocal Health Care Agreements (RHCA)
- Waiting periods for Overseas Visitor Cover
- How to claim benefits
- Who is covered?
- Australian Health System
- What is covered?
- 457 Work Visa
- Policy Details
- 417 Working Holiday Visa
- What is not covered?
- Renewing your Overseas Visitor Cover
- Overseas Student Health Cover
- Travel within Australia
- Retirement/Investor Retirement Visa
- 411 Exchange Visa
- 416 Special Program Visa
- 419 Visiting Academic Visa
- 420 Entertainment Visa
- 442 Occupational Trainee Visa
- Bridging Visa
- 482 TSS Visa
- Permanent Residency
Overseas Visitor 416 Special Program Visa
416 visa requirements
It is a mandatory requirement for a subclass 416 visa that you must hold adequate health insurance cover for the entire time you are in Australia. You will need to provide proof that you have purchased adequate health insurance for the period you intend to stay in Australia. Buying health insurance that meets Australia’s visa requirements can seem daunting. But it’s easy to arrange from iSelect.
iSelect provides a range of private health covers that meet the current requirements of most major Australian visas. We can compare a range of Australian health insurance policies for you. Best of all the service is free and it can save you a great deal of time and money.
If your country has a Reciprocal Health Care Agreement (RHCA) with Australia, you may have access to Australia’s public health system.