- Best health insurance
- Cheap health insurance
- Rate Rise Calculator
- Health Cover Check-Up
- Hospital & Extras Cover
- Ambulance Cover
- Dental Cover
- Pregnancy Cover
- Hospital Cover Waiting Periods
- Health Insurance Tax
- Medical Gap Scheme
- Lifetime Health Cover (LHC) Loading
- Australian Government Rebate
- Life Stages Health Insurance
- Why should I get Health insurance?
- Joining a Health Fund
- Review your health cover
- Switching Health Funds
- Finding the Right Health Insurance
- Tips On Selecting Health Insurance
- A better way to buy health insurance
- Participating Health funds
- myOwn Health Insurance
- Frank Health Insurance
- La Trobe Health Services
- Health Partners
- Health Insurance Reforms
- Health Insurance FAQs
- Health Insurance Glossary
- How We Make Money
Family Health Insurance
Family cover is considered a necessity by many families. Existing without the peace of mind of being covered for life’s ups and downs can be stressful and often costly in the long run.
Whether you’re starting a family, planning more children, or dealing with the short or long term illness of a family member, you can rely on health insurance to help ease the financial burden.
If you have private health insurance you are covered against some or all of the costs of being a private patient in either a public or private hospital. There are many different family health insurance policies to choose from. These policies will cover either some or all of the cost of your hospital care and allow you to choose your own doctor or specialist.
With Family Health Cover you may insure against some or all of the costs of health services not covered by Medicare, such as:
- Hospital expenses (theatre fees or accommodation) as a private patient in either a public or private hospital
- Dental treatment, Chiropractic treatment, Home nursing, Podiatry
- Physiotherapy, Occupational, Speech and Eye therapy
- Glasses and contact lenses
- Prosthesis and other ancillary services
Having to care for a sick child or a partner brings added challenges and stress to family life. Choosing the right Family Health Cover is an investment in peace of mind – knowing you and your family will have access to high quality medical services when you need them.