- Best health insurance
- Cheap health insurance
- Rate Rise Calculator
- Health Cover Check-Up
- Hospital & Extras Cover
- Ambulance Cover
- Dental Cover
- Pregnancy Cover
- Hospital Cover Waiting Periods
- Health Insurance Tax
- Medical Gap Scheme
- Lifetime Health Cover (LHC) Loading
- Australian Government Rebate
- Life Stages Health Insurance
- Why should I get Health insurance?
- Joining a Health Fund
- Review your health cover
- Switching Health Funds
- Finding the Right Health Insurance
- Tips On Selecting Health Insurance
- A better way to buy health insurance
- Participating Health funds
- myOwn Health Insurance
- Frank Health Insurance
- La Trobe Health Services
- Health Partners
- Health Insurance Reforms
- Health Insurance FAQs
- Health Insurance Glossary
- How We Make Money
Finding the right health insurance for you
For a some people, finding health insurance is difficult, as it’s not something you do every day, and the information & pricing can be complex. If you’re thinking about health cover, here are a few things to think about.
iSelect can help you compare a great range of policies from our participating health funds. Our Health insurance consultants can discuss your specific needs and risks and find a policy that suits your needs and budget. Alternatively you can search online and compare your profile against policies from our participating health funds, plus arrange the policy and paperwork all at the same time!
Think about your needs
- Do you play a sport?
- Are you planning a family?
- Do you have a history of specific illnesses in the family?
What Medical Life Stage are you in?
- Young Adult – You may only require a basic level of cover
- Mature – An intermediate level of cover would cover you for common risks such as heart, stroke and vascular diseases which kill more people than any other disease in Australia – 37.6% of all deaths in 2002*.
- Senior – A higher level of cover should make sure you get hip and knee replacements and possibly Dialysis.
Note: Specific requirements will differ greatly – chat to a health insurance consultant who can find a policy from our participating health funds on 13 19 20.
* Statistics sourced from Heart Foundation research conducted in 2002.