- Participating Overseas Visitors Health Funds
- Overseas Visitors Cover
- Overseas Visitors Cover, is it for me?
- Benefits of having Overseas Visitors Cover
- How do I purchase Overseas Visitors Cover with iSelect?
- Ambulance services
- Choosing Overseas Visitor Cover
- Eligibility for Overseas Visitor Cover
- Reciprocal Health Care Agreements (RHCA)
- Waiting periods for Overseas Visitor Cover
- How to claim benefits
- Who is covered?
- Australian Health System
- What is covered?
- 457 Work Visa
- Policy Details
- 417 Working Holiday Visa
- What is not covered?
- Renewing your Overseas Visitor Cover
- Overseas Student Health Cover
- Travel within Australia
- Retirement/Investor Retirement Visa
- 411 Exchange Visa
- 416 Special Program Visa
- 419 Visiting Academic Visa
- 420 Entertainment Visa
- 442 Occupational Trainee Visa
- Bridging Visa
- 482 TSS Visa
- Permanent Residency
Overseas Visitor 405 Investor Retirement Visa, 410 Retirement Visa
You’re 55 years and over, have worked hard all your life and have always dreamed of retiring in Australia, one of the most marvellous and exciting countries in the world. It has so much to offer. Cosmopolitan cities, spectacular coasts, the rugged red dust outback. Your retirement years will be anything but dull.
As you explore the vast and diverse land, it’s important to make sure you have planned all the details, including looking after your health and wellbeing. Organising health insurance will give you peace of mind and help you to make the most of your time in Australia. In fact having health insurance is a condition of your retirement visa.
When you apply for a subclass 405/410 visa, you must provide evidence of adequate health insurance for the period you intend to stay in Australia. If you can’t provide this evidence, your visa is at risk of being declined.
For a subclass 410 visa, you must also provide evidence that you held adequate health insurance during your previous stay in Australia and that the insurance is ongoing.
iSelect is Australia’s leading health insurance comparison service and solutions provider. We can help match a policy to your specific needs and visa requirements. It’s easy to join, our service is free and we can help you save a great deal of time and money.
To learn more about your visa health cover requirements visit:
Medicare Australia (www.medicareaustralia.gov.au)