- Car Insurance Information
- Do I Need Car Insurance?
- Luxury Car Insurance Australia
- When To Start Your Car Insurance
- How Car Insurance Premiums Are Calculated
- Car insurance And COVID-19 FAQ
- Why Choose iSelect
- Roadside Assistance
- No Claims Discount
- PD Insurance
- Car Insurance Northern Territory
- Car Insurance Western Australia
- Types of Car Insurance
- Comprehensive Vs. Third Party
- Save Money On Car Insurance
- CTP Insurance
- Switching Car Insurance
- Agreed Vs. Market Value
- Find The Best Car Insurance
- Tips For First Time Drivers
- Buying Car Insurance
- Third Party Fire and Theft Car Insurance
- Car Insurance Excess
- Seniors Car Insurance
- Car Insurance South Australia
- Car Insurance Terminology
- How To Reduce Your Car Insurance
- Third Party Property
- Overseas Imports Car Insurance
- Add A Learner Driver To Your Car Insurance
- Car Insurance For Young Drivers
Car Insurance South Australia
Comparing Car Insurance Quotes in SA
The right car insurance is a bit like your best friend – there when you need it.
To help make sure you have the coverage you need, here’s the lowdown on Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance in South Australia, as well as a few tips for getting the most out of your additional policy.
Comprehensive Car Insurance Quotes South Australia
There are no ifs or buts when it comes to Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance. You must have it as part of your car’s registration.
CTP insurance protects you from personal liability should you injure yourself, your passengers, other drivers or pedestrians while driving. Unlike NSW, Queensland and the ACT, where you can shop around and compare prices for your CTP cover, the price of CTP insurance in SA is dictated by the CTP Insurance Regulator and included as part of your registration fee.*
Tips for choosing the right car insurance
While CTP is designed to provide financial protection from injury liability, it won’t cover you for damage to your car or to another person’s vehicle or property if you cause an accident. That’s where Comprehensive insurance and Third Party** insurance come in.
Here are some tips for getting a good deal on your policy:
- Review when you renew. You might find better value with another provider. Your renewal notice is a good reminder to have a quick look around at what else is on offer.
- Ask for the maximum discount. Depending on your driving history, you may qualify for big discounts when taking out a new policy.
- Combine policies. Does your household have multiple drivers? The more cars you bundle under one policy, the more each of you could save.
- Don’t forget the details. Carefully review your coverage and inclusions to avoid any unwanted surprises at claim time. For example, is your car covered for market or agreed value? Are there different excesses depending on who’s driving the car?
- Value is the most important. Cheapest isn’t always best. The key is to find a policy that has the inclusions you need at a price that fits your budget.
Save time with iSelect
Would you like to save time when reviewing policies? Instead of trawling through car insurance websites comparing quotes, let iSelect help you get the right policy.
We make it easy to find cover with the inclusions you need at a price that fits your budget, and save you a ton of time in the process. Even better, you won’t pay a cent for our service.
Get great value for money with iSelect’s car insurance comparison tool, or call iSelect HQ on 13 19 20 and let one of our consultants help you find the right policy.
** Third party fire and theft insurance provides cover for your car if it is stolen or damaged by fire. Third party property insurance provides cover for damage to other cars and property, and some policies may cover damage to your car caused by uninsured drivers.