- Overseas Visitors Cover
- Overseas Visitors Cover, is it for me?
- Benefits of having Overseas Visitors Cover
- How do I purchase Overseas Visitors Cover with iSelect?
- Ambulance services
- Choosing the right Cover
- Eligibility for Overseas Visitor Cover
- Reciprocal Health Care Agreements (RHCA)
- Waiting periods for Overseas Visitor Cover
- How to claim benefits
- Who is covered?
- Australian Health System
- What is covered?
- 457 Work Visa
- Policy Details
- 417 Working Holiday Visa
- What is not covered?
- Renewing your Overseas Visitor Cover
- Overseas Student Health Cover
- Travel within Australia
- Retirement/Investor Retirement Visa
- 411 Exchange Visa
- 416 Special Program Visa
- 419 Visiting Academic Visa
- 420 Entertainment Visa
- 442 Occupational Trainee Visa
- Bridging Visa
- 482 TSS Visa
- Permanent Residency
Australian Bridging Visas are short-term, temporary visas that can be used in a variety of circumstances to enable non-Australian citizens to remain lawfully in Australia.
There are different categories of bridging visas that relate to different circumstances. For example, applicants who are waiting for a decision on an application for permanent residency or applicants whose visas have ceased and are waiting for a decision on an application for another substantive visa.
If you are applying for a new substantive visa it is important that you check the visa conditions and the type and level of health insurance specified. iSelect can help you access the right health cover to meet visa requirements and more importantly your needs.
Non-citizens in Australia are only eligible for Medicare if they have applied for a permanent visa (excludes Parent Visa) and they hold a valid temporary visa (includes a bridging visa).
Visit www.medicareaustralia.gov.au as other requirements apply.