- Participating Overseas Visitors Health Funds
- Overseas Visitors Cover
- Overseas Visitors Cover, is it for me?
- Benefits of having Overseas Visitors Cover
- How do I purchase Overseas Visitors Cover with iSelect?
- Ambulance services
- Choosing Overseas Visitor Cover
- Eligibility for Overseas Visitor Cover
- Reciprocal Health Care Agreements (RHCA)
- Waiting periods for Overseas Visitor Cover
- How to claim benefits
- Who is covered?
- Australian Health System
- What is covered?
- 457 Work Visa
- Policy Details
- 417 Working Holiday Visa
- What is not covered?
- Renewing your Overseas Visitor Cover
- Overseas Student Health Cover
- Travel within Australia
- Retirement/Investor Retirement Visa
- 411 Exchange Visa
- 416 Special Program Visa
- 419 Visiting Academic Visa
- 420 Entertainment Visa
- 442 Occupational Trainee Visa
- Bridging Visa
- 482 TSS Visa
- Permanent Residency
Overseas Visitor 417 Working Holiday Visa
417 Visa requirements
When you apply for a subclass 417 visa, you have to be able to state that you have health insurance which adequately covers you while you’re in Australia. If you can’t, you risk your visa not being granted.
417 visa health insurance
As a 417 visa applicant, it is highly likely you will need to buy a health insurance policy from an Australian medical insurance provider. If you’ve ever purchased insurance before, then you’ll know what a complex decision it can be.
To save time, money and effort, you can use the iSelect website to help simplify this complex decision. iSelect takes all the leg work out of the comparison process and can match a policy to your specific needs – and best of all, our service is free!
Medicare & Reciprocal Health Care Agreements
There’s a chance your home country has a Reciprocal Health Care Agreement (RHCA) with Australia, which may enable you to access to Australia’s public health system. To determine if your home country has such an agreement with Australia, pay a visit to the Medicare Australia website.
For more information visit:
Medicare Australia (www.medicareaustralia.gov.au)