- What Is The Medicare Safety Net?
- Health Insurance Claim Process
- Best Health Insurance
- Cheap Health Insurance
- Lifetime Health Cover Loading (LHC)
- Rate Rise Calculator
- Health Cover Check-Up
- Hospital & Extras Cover
- Ambulance Cover
- Dental Cover
- Pregnancy Insurance
- Health Insurance Waiting Periods
- Health Insurance Tax
- Penalties & Benefits
- How To Save On Health Insurance
- The Medicare Levy Surcharge (MLS)
- Australian Government Health Rebate
- Health Insurance Rate Rise
- The Medicare Levy
- Medical Gap Scheme
- Australian Government Rebate
- Life Stages Health Insurance
- Why Should I Get Health Insurance?
- Joining a Health Fund
- Review your health cover
- Switching Health Funds
- Finding Suitable Health Insurance
- Tips On Selecting Health Insurance
- A Better Way To Buy Health Insurance
- Participating Health Funds
- myOwn Health Insurance
- Medibank Private Health Insurance
- Frank Health Insurance
- Australian Unity
- Bupa Health Insurance
- Latrobe Health Services
- Health Partners
- Health Insurance For IVF
- What Is Crohn’s Disease?
- Private Health Insurance Tiers
- What Is Shingles?
- What Is Eczema?
- How To Discover If You Need Health Insurance
- Health Insurance & Pre-Existing Conditions
- Health Insurance Reforms
- Health Insurance FAQs
- Health Insurance Glossary
- How We Make Money
- Cancer Health Insurance
- How To Cancel Your Health Insurance
- Body Mass Index (BMI) Calculator
- Health Insurance For Cosmetic Surgery
- Health Care Insurance
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
- What Is HICAPS?
- Health Insurance For Single Parents
- Allied Health
GMHBA Health Insurance: Product & policy information for 2019
|iSelect does not compare or sell GMHBA products. For a full list of the providers iSelect does compare, please visit our partners page.|
What is included in a GMHBA health insurance policy?
- Hospital cover: helps you pay for treatment as a private patient in either a public hospital or private hospital. The type of treatment you are covered for will vary depending on the level of cover you choose.
- Extras Cover: covers some of the cost for out-of-hospital care and services not covered by Medicare. Depending on your level of cover, extras cover helps you take care of the things that are important to your lifestyle including dental, optical, physio and chiro.
With GMHBA hospital and extras cover you have access to a wide range of care and treatment options.
GMHBA Hospital Cover policy products:
GMHBA offer a range of private hospital cover policies2, helping you to select one which suits your needs. Here’s what’s currently on offer as of June 2019:
- Basic Plus Hospital
- Bronze Essential Hospital with AIA Vitality
- Bronze Plus Hospital
- Silver Core Hospital with AIA Vitality
- Silver Plus Hospital
- Silver Plus Classic Hospital with AIA Vitality
- Silver Plus Premium Hospital
- Gold Ultimate Hospital with AIA Vitality
Extras Cover with GMHBA
While you can always bundle your extras cover along with your hospital cover, GMHBA also offer a range of Extras only policies to suit you. Here’s what’s available from GMHBA as of June 2019:
- Basic Extras Set Benefits: This includes cover for preventative dental and optical
- Basic Extras 55%: This includes cover for preventative dental and optical
- Mid Extras Set benefits: This includes cover for a range of services including general and major dental, optical, and remedial massage.
- Mid Extras 65%: This includes cover for a range of services including general and major dental, optical, and remedial massage.
- Top Extras Set Benefits: This includes cover for a range of services including general and major dental, orthodontics, optical, and remedial massage
- Top Extras 75%: This includes cover for a range of services including general and major dental, orthodontics, optical, and remedial massage.
What other health services does GMHBA offer?
GMHBA is dedicated to helping Australians live their lives to the fullest. They know that taking care of your health and well-being is a lifelong commitment and offer a range of information3, support and educational resources to help you on your journey.
Post-hospital support programs:
Sometimes going to hospital is unavoidable, but if you do have to go, the last thing you want to do is stay longer than you need to.
To help you get back home as soon as possible, GMHBA offers eligible hospital policy holders access to its Hospital in the Home (HITH) and Rehabilitation in the Home (RITH) programs4.
- Hospital in the Home – offers an alternative to an in hospital stay for eligible patients. If you take part in a HITH program you will be provided with a nurse, doctor or appropriate health professional, and home support if required.
- Rehabilitation in the Home – allows eligible patients to undertake all or part of their rehabilitation in the comfort and privacy of their own home. As part of the RITH program, GMHBA will make sure the home is safe and provide a treatment program to help restore strength and mobility.
Care coordination service:
CCS organises care for eligible members with complicated health problems5. It doesn’t matter what level of hospital cover you hold, GMHBA’s care coordination service can provide you with support, information and access to health services, at no extra cost.
Chronic Disease Management Program:
CDMP provides eligible members who suffer from chronic diseases with the care and support they need to maintain optimal health6. To ensure you get the best support possible, GMHBA has partnered with Remedy Healthcare, a leading provider of evidence-based self-management programs and telephone based health coaching.
Looking to compare health insurance policies?
Although we don’t compare policies from GMHBA, with iSelect you can compare health insurance from our range of providers and policies to find a policy which suits you. Start comparing online today, or call our friendly team on 13 19 20.
iSelect does not compare all health insurance providers or policies in the market. The availability of policies will change from time to time. Not all policies available from its providers are compared by iSelect and due to commercial arrangements and customer circumstances, not all policies compared by iSelect are available to all customers. Some policies and special offers are available only from iSelect’s contact centre or website. Click here to view our range of providers.