- Annual Travel Insurance
- Finding The Best Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Domestic Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Travel Insurance Japan
- Travel Insurance France
- Travel Insurance USA
- Travel Insurance Brazil
- Travel Insurance Bali
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Insurance For Italy
- Travel Insurance Thailand
- Travel Insurance For New Zealand
- Travel Insurance China
- Travel Insurance For Singapore
- Travel Insurance For The United Kingdom
- Travel Insurance Europe
- Travel Insurance South Africa
- Travel Insurance For India
- Travel Insurance Canada
- Travel Insurance For Pre-Existing Conditions
- Multi-Trip Travel Insurance
Domestic Travel Insurance
Most people wouldn’t dream of going overseas without a good travel insurance policy, but it can be easy to overlook the risks when you’re travelling in your home country.
This can be a costly mistake. Here’s how a domestic travel insurance policy can keep you protected.
Why you need it
Even in familiar territory, things can go awry. A domestic travel insurance policy can provide financial protection for a range of unexpected situations, giving you greater peace of mind when travelling around this great southern land of ours.
While you may have to be a certain minimum distance from home for it to apply, domestic travel insurance can provide a level of cover for last-minute trip cancellations, loss or damage to luggage, and stolen property. It can even help pay your rental vehicle insurance excess and third-party damages if you are stuck with the bill after a fender bender.
Consider an annual (multi-trip) policy
If you travel frequently throughout Australia on business or to visit family, an annual (aka multi-trip) policy can make good financial sense.
Annual travel insurance allows you to jet off as many times as you want in a 12-month period, with all your trips covered under the same policy. That means you won’t have to organise individual policies for each trip, potentially saving you both time and money.
When buying a domestic multi-trip policy, keep in mind that a maximum trip length will apply. This could be 30 or 60 days per individual trip, and each trip must take you a minimum distance from your home in order to qualify for coverage – typically 250 kilometres.*
iSelect does not compare all products in the market. Not all products are available at all times.
* The level of cover and benefits varies between policies, as do exclusions. It’s important to check the policy terms and conditions and the Product Disclosure Statement to make sure the policy is right for you.