- Overseas Visitors Cover
- Overseas Visitors Cover, is it for me?
- Benefits of having Overseas Visitors Cover
- How do I purchase Overseas Visitors Cover with iSelect?
- Ambulance services
- Choosing the right Cover
- Eligibility for Overseas Visitor Cover
- Reciprocal Health Care Agreements (RHCA)
- Waiting periods for Overseas Visitor Cover
- How to claim benefits
- Who is covered?
- Australian Health System
- What is covered?
- 457 Work Visa
- Policy Details
- 417 Working Holiday Visa
- What is not covered?
- Renewing your Overseas Visitor Cover
- Overseas Student Health Cover
- Travel within Australia
- Retirement/Investor Retirement Visa
- 411 Exchange Visa
- 416 Special Program Visa
- 419 Visiting Academic Visa
- 420 Entertainment Visa
- 442 Occupational Trainee Visa
- Bridging Visa
- Permanent Residency
Waiting periods for Overseas Visitor Cover
Waiting periods are the time you need to be a member of a health fund before you can claim a benefit. All health funds have waiting periods and they vary for each policy and the service/treatment.
With Overseas Visitors Cover, in most cases the general waiting period for:
- all hospital/medical treatment, palliative care, psychiatric and rehabilitation is 2 months
- pre-existing ailments, illnesses or conditions, all childbirth, pregnancy and related obstetric services is 12 months
Make sure that you are aware of the waiting periods that apply to your policy.