As a car owner in the ACT, you’re legally required to have CTP insurance, aka 'Green Slip' insurance, before you can register your car. CTP provides financial cover should you injure yourself, your passengers, other drivers or pedestrians while driving.
Motorists can choose from four CTP providers at registration time: NRMA, GIO, APIA and AAMI.* The premiums can differ between each of the providers.
While CTP protects you from injury liability, it won't pay for damages to your car or to another person’s property or vehicle if you're involved in an accident. That's why you need to shop around for the right Comprehensive Car Insurance or Third Party** insurance for your needs.
Here are some tips to help you find the right cover:
• Regular check-ups. Renewal time is a great opportunity to compare your Insurer with the competitors to make sure your policy still meets your needs and budget.
• Safe driver rewards. Based on your driving history, you may be eligible for a discount when taking out a new policy.
• Multi-car discounts. If you have teenagers or adult children living at home, bundling all the cars into one policy could be very wallet-friendly.
• Be a legal eagle. Check your coverage in detail, including the fine print. There's nothing worse than making a claim only to discover your policy doesn't include what you thought it did.
• Your needs come first. It's better to look for value over price, as cheaper doesn't always mean better. Make sure you've got the coverage you need when you need it.
We understand you’ve got better things to do with your time than spend hours trawling through different car insurance sites and comparing quotes.
iSelect can help you compare car insurance quotes quickly and easily. We’ll even provide no-cost advice, if you need it, to help you select the right policy.
Get great value for money with iSelect’s easy-to-use car insurance comparison tool, or call iSelect HQ on 13 19 20 and let one of our consultants help you find the right policy.