- Cancer Health Insurance
- What Is The Medicare Safety Net?
- Health Insurance Claim Process
- Best Health Insurance
- Cheap Health Insurance
- Rate Rise Calculator
- Health Cover Check-Up
- Hospital & Extras Cover
- Ambulance Cover
- Dental Cover
- Pregnancy Insurance
- Health Insurance Waiting Periods
- Health Insurance Tax
- Penalties & Benefits
- How To Save On Health Insurance
- About Medicare Levy Surcharge (MLS)
- Australian Government Rebate
- Health Insurance Rate Rise
- The Medicare Levy
- Medical Gap Scheme
- Australian Government Rebate
- Life Stages Health Insurance
- Why Should I Get Health Insurance?
- Joining a Health Fund
- Review your health cover
- Switching Health Funds
- Finding the Right Health Insurance
- Tips On Selecting Health Insurance
- A better way to buy health insurance
- Participating Health Funds
- myOwn Health Insurance
- Medibank Private Health Insurance
- Frank Health Insurance
- Australian Unity
- Bupa Health Insurance
- Latrobe Health Services
- Health Partners
- Health Insurance For IVF
- Private Health Insurance Tiers
- How To Discover If You Need Health Insurance
- Health Insurance & Pre-Existing Conditions
- Health Insurance Reforms
- Health Insurance FAQs
- Health Insurance Glossary
- How We Make Money
- How To Cancel Your Health Insurance
- Body Mass Index (BMI) Calculator
- Health Insurance For Cosmetic Surgery
- Health Care Insurance
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
- What Is HICAPS?
- Health Insurance For Single Parents
- Allied Health
Bupa Health Insurance: is it the right provider for you?
|iSelect does not compare or sell Bupa products. Bupa is not an iSelect partner, nor is iSelect commercially affiliated with Bupa in any way. For a full list of the providers iSelect does compare, please visit our partners page.|
If you’re looking for a health insurance policy that ticks all the right boxes, Bupa has you covered. Bupa health insurance offers a diverse range of policies designed to suit your individual circumstances. Bupa policies are practical, cost-effective, and easy to understand. Bupa puts your needs first and delivers superior products that protect you in your time of need.
Who is Bupa health insurance suitable for?
Bupa health insurance is suitable for all Australians. It doesn’t matter what your circumstances are, Bupa may have a health insurance policy that suits you.
- Singles1: Bupa singles is an affordable level of cover designed to suit your lifestyle and budget. With several options to choose from, there is a policy to suit your needs
- Couples2: Joining Bupa as a couple makes managing your policies easier. Whether you’re planning on having a family or just want to be prepared for whatever life throws your way, Bupa has you covered
- Families3: Bupa family packages offer no gap on most kids’ dental, physio, and podiatry consultations, and on selected glasses at Members First providers, up to yearly limits
- Single parents4: Bupa single parents’ health insurance gives you the same level of cover as family health insurance, without the same cost, when you take out hospital and extras together
- Overseas visitors5: If you’re planning on working in Australia, getting the right level of health insurance may be required to secure a visa. It’s also a good idea to have some level of cover if you’re travelling to a foreign country, as you never know what will happen
What does Bupa Hospital Only cover include?
Bupa Hospital Only6 cover offers a unique range of benefits to make your hospital stay as comfortable and stress-free as possible. All Bupa Hospital Only policies cover you for overnight accommodation and same day stays. They also cover the cost of operating theatres, intensive care, and ward fees.
- Basic Hospital: is entry level cover and a great option if you’re healthy or on a budget
- Budget Hospital: offers full cover for vital treatments, however, more complex or elective procedures are only partially covered
- Standard Hospital: allows you to claim full cover for some services that are restricted under the Budget Hospital policy
- Top Hospital: provides complete private hospital cover for a wide range of treatments and services including pregnancy
What does Extras Only cover include?
Depending on the type of Extras Only7 cover you choose, you may be able to claim money back on some of the everyday health services not be covered by Medicare. These services include things such as dental, physio, and optical, up to your yearly cover limits.
- Bronze Extras: entry level cover for essential out of hospital services including general dental, optical and physiotherapy.
- Your Choice Extras: is a flexible form of cover that allows you to mix and match the services you want to be covered for. Emergency ambulance transport is included as standard.
- Silver Extras: offers a good level of cover and up to 60 – 66% back for most Members First dental, physio, chiro, selected optical and podiatry consultations, up to your yearly limits.
- Gold Extras: includes the same services as Silver Extras but offers 75 – 82.5% back for most Members First dental, physio, chiro, selected optical and podiatry consultations, up to your yearly limits.
- Platinum Extras: offers feature packed Extras cover, along with the highest percentage of fees and annual benefit limits.
If you’d like to learn more about Bupa dental cover, you can learn more about Bupa Dental here.
What does Hospital and Extras cover?
With combined Hospital and Extras8 cover, you’ll have more control over when and where your hospital treatments take place. You’ll also be able to claim money back for everyday health services like dental, physio and optical.
What does Ambulance cover include?
In a medical emergency, the last thing you want to worry about is paying for your trip to hospital. Bupa ambulance cover9 picks up the cost of emergency hospital transport so all you have to do is focus on getting well.
- Emergency Only Ambulance Cover: covers the cost of emergency road and air ambulance transport Australia-wide.
- Premium Ambulance Cover: provides an additional $5,000 benefit for non-emergency road and air ambulance trips.
How do I claim on a Bupa health insurance?
To help you navigate the complex world of health insurance, Bupa has created an online hub that makes getting your claims processed quicker and easier than ever before. With myBupa10 you can process your claims more easily, and get an online estimate of what your treatment will cost based on your cover, past claims, and yearly limits.
myBupa also allows you to check your remaining limits on selected Extras like dental and physio so you know exactly where you stand, and how much more you can claim.
How do I become a Bupa member?
To become a Bupa member or to find out more about the services they offer, contact Bupa directly on 134 135 or visit www.bupa.com.au.
Looking to see if you can save on your health insurance?
Although we don’t compare Bupa health insurance products, with iSelect you can compare health insurance policies side by side from our range of providers. Compare health insurance policies online today, or call us on 13 19 20 to speak with one of our expert health insurance advisors.
iSelect does not compare all providers or policies in the market. Not all policies are available at all times.
We don’t compare all health insurance providers or policies in the market. The availability of policies will change from time to time. Not all policies available from our partners are compared by iSelect and due to commercial arrangements, your stated needs and circumstances, not all policies compared by iSelect will be available to all customers. Some policies are available only from our call centre and others are available only from our website. Click here to view our range of providers.