- Health Insurance For Single Parents
- Cancer Health Insurance
- What is the Medicare Safety Net?
- Health Insurance Claim Process
- Best health insurance
- Cheap health insurance
- Rate Rise Calculator
- Health Cover Check-Up
- Hospital & Extras Cover
- Ambulance Cover
- Dental Cover
- Pregnancy insurance
- Health Insurance Waiting Periods
- Health Insurance Tax
- Penalties & Benefits
- How To Save On Health Insurance
- About Medicare Levy Surcharge (MLS)
- Australian Government Rebate
- Health Insurance Rate Rise
- The Medicare Levy
- Medical Gap Scheme
- Australian Government Rebate
- Life Stages Health Insurance
- Why should I get Health insurance?
- Joining a Health Fund
- Review your health cover
- Switching Health Funds
- Finding the Right Health Insurance
- Tips On Selecting Health Insurance
- A better way to buy health insurance
- Participating Health funds
- myOwn Health Insurance
- Frank Health Insurance
- La Trobe Health Services
- Health Partners
- Health Insurance For IVF
- Private Health Insurance Tiers
- How To Discover If You Need Health Insurance
- Health Insurance & Pre-Existing Conditions
- Health Insurance Reforms
- Health Insurance FAQs
- Health Insurance Glossary
- How We Make Money
- How To Cancel Your Health Insurance
- Body Mass Index (BMI) Calculator
- Health Insurance For Cosmetic Surgery
- Health Care Insurance
Find The Best Health Insurance To Suit Your Needs
Many of us may be lucky enough to have access to a government funded healthcare program in Australia, but Medicare is limited in its capacity and doesn’t offer the full peace of mind that comes with private health insurance.
While the benefits of health insurance vary between policies, there are several common advantages that make extra cover an attractive option for many Australians:
- Your choice of hospital and doctor.
- Shorter waiting periods for certain procedures.
- Extras such as dental, physio, ambulance, speech therapy and chiro.
- Ambulance cover (in some states).
Private health insurance not only provides extra financial protection and greater access to medical experts, but it also offers financial incentives through initiatives such as the Australian Government Private Health Insurance Rebate, the Medicare Levy Surcharge and Lifetime Health Cover.
But in a market saturated with countless insurance companies fighting to win your business, how do you find the best health insurance policy that’s right for you?
Navigating the health insurance minefield
It’s no secret that choosing the best health cover is a daunting task to tackle on your own. Every policy has its own inclusions and quirks, and it can be a nightmare trying to figure out which offers the best value for money based on the type of cover you need.
Ultimately, we all want maximum cover and extras for the lowest possible price without any nasty fine print. Insurance policies can be complex, however, so it’s important to think carefully about your choice and review your existing policy on a regular basis.
One of the first things you should do before searching for a health insurance plan is to research the fine print and make sure you’re receiving value for money:
- Have a good idea of what benefits you want to make it easier to sift through different plans.
- Understand the difference between hospital and extras cover so you know exactly what you’re paying for.
- When comparing premiums, beware of policies with rock-bottom prices – these ‘junk policies’ often fall dramatically short in terms of cover and extras.
Even if you’re happy with your existing health insurance policy, you could benefit from surveying the market. If you stay with the same plan for an extended period, you risk paying the ‘lazy tax’ and missing out on cheaper policies that may become available.
Weighing up your options with iSelect
With so many factors to consider before choosing a policy, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed when trying to find the best health insurance.
That’s where we come in.
iSelect simplifies the process by collecting a wealth of information from a range of participating funds, trimming the options down to the nitty-gritty details so it’s easy to understand. We don’t mark up any prices and are not owned by an insurance company – it truly is a free service, no strings attached.
But iSelect is much more than just a comparison tool. We’re here to guide you towards the policy that’s best for you. This means finding the right balance of cost, features and coverage as per your needs, ensuring you have one less thing in your life to worry about.
Getting started with iSelect is easy and takes no more than a few minutes:
- Provide us with a few details including what type of cover you need and who you would like to be included in the policy.
- View the shortlist of policies we have provided based on your needs and compare the most viable options.
- Sign up for your chosen policy on the spot at no extra cost.
iSelect does not compare all products in the market. Not all products are available at all times.