- Do I Need Car Insurance?
- Luxury Car Insurance Australia
- When To Start Your Car Insurance
- Car Insurance Information
- How Car Insurance Premiums Are Calculated
- Types of Car Insurance
- Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Comprehensive Vs. Third Party
- CTP Insurance
- Save Money On Car Insurance
- Switching Car Insurance
- Agreed Vs. Market Value
- Find The Best Car Insurance
- Tips For First Time Drivers
- Buying car insurance
- Third Party Fire and Theft Car Insurance
- Seniors car insurance
- Car Insurance Excess
- Car insurance Victoria
- Car insurance NSW
- Car insurance Tasmania
- Car insurance ACT
- Car insurance Queensland
- Car Insurance Terminology
- How To Reduce Your Car Insurance
- Third Party Property
- Overseas Imports Car Insurance
- Add A Learner Driver To Your Car Insurance
- Car Insurance For Young Drivers
Seniors Car Insurance Comparison
Who says getting older doesn’t have its benefits? If you’re over 50, the time has come to enjoy competitive car insurance rates that reflect your experience on the road and good driving history.
Australian Seniors Car Insurance – Aged to Perfection
From your driving history to your age, there are many factors that can affect your car insurance premiums.
If you’re a senior, pensioner or over the age of 50, you may be able to make your good driving history work to your advantage with lower premiums and discounts.
To make sure you’re getting the discounts you’re entitled to as an older driver, it’s important to review your cover regularly.
In particular, it may be time to update your policy if:
• You’ve recently turned 50 or hit another milestone birthday.
• You’ve been claim-free for over one year but your insurance premiums haven’t changed.
• You’ve recently retired and are no longer driving back and forth to work.
• Your current policy does not offer age-related discounts or other benefits.
Remember, your good driver rating should move with you if you switch policies. You may even be eligible for the maximum discount when taking out a new policy, so it pays to shop around for the right Comprehensive Car Insurance.
Get your hands on big savings
Many car insurance companies offer discounts especially geared for over-50 drivers.
You may qualify for any number of these, so be sure to ask about potential discounts, including:
• Seniors discounts. These are discounts that recognise your age and good driving habits.
• Low mileage. If you’re driving less, a low mileage or ‘pay-as-you-drive’ policy can help you save on premiums.
• No claims discount. If you haven’t made a claim for a while, you may qualify for the maximum discount available.
• Policy restrictions. If the kids have grown up and left the nest, save money by restricting under-30 drivers on your policy.
• Multi-vehicle. If your household has more than one car, you could save on premiums by bundling multiple cars into the same policy.
Some car insurance companies specialise in policies for seniors and may offer benefits you can’t find anywhere else. As always, the best way to find the right car insurance is to shop around and compare.
Find the right policy – fast
iSelect knows the car insurance industry. We can provide you with a thorough, no-cost comparison to help you find a policy with the features you need, at a price that fits your budget.
iSelect does not compare all products in the market. Not all products are available at all times.
iSelect General Pty Limited ABN 90 131 798 126, AFS Licence Number: 334115. Any advice provided by iSelect is of a general nature and does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You need to consider the appropriateness of any information or general advice we give you, having regard to your personal situation, before acting on our advice or purchasing any product. You should consider iSelect’s Financial Services Guide which provides information about our services and your rights as a client of iSelect. We receive commission for each product sold.