- Do I Need Car Insurance?
- Luxury Car Insurance Australia
- When To Start Your Car Insurance
- Car Insurance Information
- How Car Insurance Premiums Are Calculated
- Types of Car Insurance
- Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Comprehensive Vs. Third Party
- CTP Insurance
- Save Money On Car Insurance
- Switching Car Insurance
- Agreed Vs. Market Value
- Find The Best Car Insurance
- Tips For First Time Drivers
- Buying car insurance
- Third Party Fire and Theft Car Insurance
- Seniors car insurance
- Car Insurance Excess
- Car insurance Victoria
- Car insurance NSW
- Car insurance Tasmania
- Car insurance ACT
- Car insurance Queensland
- Car Insurance Terminology
- How To Reduce Your Car Insurance
- Third Party Property
- Overseas Imports Car Insurance
- Add A Learner Driver To Your Car Insurance
- Car Insurance For Young Drivers
What Is Comprehensive Car Insurance & What Does It Cover?
At one point we’ve all thought, “That won’t happen to me,” but the truth is it could. Unfortunately, no matter how careful we are the unexpected can always happen – especially on the road. Comprehensive car insurance covers you for most situations, and some you probably never thought of.
More about Comprehensive Car Insurance
With the right cover, here are four situations you won’t have to worry about:
- You don’t stop quickly enough and hit the car in front.
As the driver, you may need to make a claim and depending on the damage you could be up for a large bill. Comprehensive car insurance provides cover for third party damage.
- Someone has deliberately vandalised your car.
Whether it’s been scratched with a key or someone has smashed your windscreen, comprehensive car insurance could cover you for this. Give your insurance provider a buzz and they’ll talk you through what to do.
- Your car has been stolen.
Without the right insurance there is little you can do if someone steals your car; your investment could well be gone. Comprehensive car insurance covers you for theft.
- A storm has damaged your car.
No matter how good a driver you are, you can’t control the weather. A falling branch or hail could severely damage your car. Comprehensive car insurance provides cover for costs associated with weather damage.
Taking out comprehensive car insurance is a personal choice. It may cost a little extra, but in the event of an accident, it could save you money.
iSelect does not compare all products in the market. Not all products are available at all times.
iSelect General Pty Limited ABN 90 131 798 126, AFS Licence Number: 334115. Any advice provided by iSelect is of a general nature and does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You need to consider the appropriateness of any information or general advice we give you, having regard to your personal situation, before acting on our advice or purchasing any product. You should consider iSelect’s Financial Services Guide which provides information about our services and your rights as a client of iSelect. We receive commission for each product sold.