- Switching Electricity Providers
- Electricity and Gas Providers
- Electricity Only Providers
- Energy Saving Tips
- Find The Best Energy Plan
- Find A Cheaper Energy Plan
- Renewable Energy
- Energy Comparison NSW
- Energy Comparison VIC
- Energy Comparison QLD
- Energy Comparison SA
- Energy Comparison ACT
- Family Energy Rebate NSW
- 10 Tips To Save On Your Gas Bill
- Top 10 Tips To Save On Your Electricity Bill
- Energy Plan Comparison
- Compare Electricity Melbourne
- Electricity Plan Comparison
- Gas Plan Comparison
- Gas Connection Sydney
- How To Save On Winter Bills
- How To Connect Your Electricity
- Energy Quotes
- Energy Smart Meters
- The Victorian Default Offer (VDO)
- The Default Market Offer
- How To Track Your Energy Usage
- Small Business Energy Use
Australian Energy Quotes
When it comes to getting quick and easy energy quotes, comparison sites can come in handy.
You simply plug in your details, and voila! A list of great offers will pop up in no time.
But how do comparison sites arrive at these magical numbers? And what are the different types of energy offers?
Here’s everything you need to know about energy quotes.
What we’ll ask and why
When you visit iSelect for an energy quote, we’ll ask for a few details so we can find plans from our range of products and providers* for your needs and budget.
- Your postcode. This can often tell us who your distributor is. The cost of distribution varies in different areas and has an effect on end costs.
- If you are moving into the property. This tells us whether you need a new connection or are looking to switch providers or plans.
- If you have a recent bill. If so, we can find out how much you are currently paying for energy, your billing cycle, and your usage type or tariff – i.e. single rate, two rate, or time of use. It also gives us an indication of your household’s energy usage.
- Your solar situation. Whether or not you have solar panels, or are planning to install solar panels in the next 12 months, may have an impact on your energy quotes, depending on the feed-in tariff.
We’ll ask for a few other minor details, which will help us tailor the energy quotes from our range of providers and plans* to suit you.
After that, you can simply sit back and relax while we search plans from our range of electricity and gas providers in your area*.
Making the switch
Whether you decide to switch energy providers or need a new connection, we’ll arrange everything on your behalf.
Changing providers is easy to do and you won’t be without power at any point during the switch. In fact, the only real difference will be the logo that appears on your future energy bill.
Best of all, you won’t pay a cent for our service.
So, what are you waiting for? Compare today.
*We don’t compare all energy providers or plans in the market. The availability of plans will change from time to time. Not all plans available from our providers are compared by iSelect and due to commercial arrangements or availability, not all products compared by iSelect will be available to all customers. Some plans are available only from our call centre and others are available only from our website. Energy plans are available only for properties located in eligible areas of Victoria, New South Wales, South East Queensland, South Australia and ACT. Click here to view our range of providers.