- Switching Electricity Providers
- Electricity and Gas Providers
- Electricity Only Providers
- Energy Saving Tips
- Find The Best Energy Plan
- Find A Cheaper Energy Plan
- Renewable Energy
- Energy Comparison NSW
- Energy Comparison VIC
- Energy Comparison QLD
- Energy Comparison SA
- Energy Comparison ACT
- Family Energy Rebate NSW
- 10 Tips To Save On Your Gas Bill
- Top 10 Tips To Save On Your Electricity Bill
- Energy Plan Comparison
- Compare Electricity Melbourne
- Electricity Plan Comparison
- Gas Plan Comparison
- Gas Connection Sydney
- How To Save On Winter Bills
- How To Connect Your Electricity
- Energy Quotes
- Energy Smart Meters
- The Victorian Default Offer (VDO)
- The Default Market Offer
- How To Track Your Energy Usage
- Small Business Energy Use
Sumo is an energy provider with a difference. Not only do they provide a complete energy service, they also try their hardest to reward you wherever they can.
After starting in Victoria in 2015, they’ve already expanded to NSW and are likely to continue growing. If you want to get more out of your energy budget, Sumo might just be able to help.
Sumo energy services
Sumo is a one-stop shop for your energy needs. You can even get online with Sumo Internet. They currently operate in Victoria and NSW and offer1:
- Gas (VIC only)
- Unlimited Internet
- Solar Feed-in Tariffs.
Sumo tailors their plans to your address and lets you bundle their services at the click of a button1. Depending on your location, you can choose between:
- A combined electricity and gas plan
- An internet only plan
- A complete bundle including electricity, gas, and internet
You can also choose between four internet speeds: Basic, Standard, Standard Plus and Premium (subject to your connection type). So you can tailor your plan to your needs and budget.
What benefits does Sumo offer?
Sumo plans have no lock-in contracts or exit fees, so you can have peace of mind that you won’t be stuck with a plan that’s not working for you2. The also offer:
- Discounts on electricity, gas, and internet usage charges when you pay on time
- Energy-saving advice to help you reduce your monthly usage
- A trusted payment system for peace of mind
- Help with setting you up for Victorian concessions or NSW rebates3
The more services you bundle together, the more you can save. So by bundling your energy needs into a tailored plan, you may be able to reduce your monthly energy bill4.
Perks of partnering with Sumo
Sumo wants to reward you for your loyalty and for making things easy5. That’s why they’ve created Sumo Perks to give you rewards on top of your pay-on-time discounts. It doesn’t cost you any extra to enjoy Sumo’s rewards and benefits program, but you do need to:
- Be an existing customer (residential only)
- Pay your bills by the due date
- Sign up for emailed bills
- Receive Sumo marketing messages
How does Sumo reward me?
With Sumo’s rewards and benefits program, you can enjoy VIP benefits from a variety of Australian retailers5. Some popular participating stores include:
- JB Hifi
- David Jones
- The Good Guys
- Village Cinemas
- Flight Centre
Once you’re logged into the Sumo Perks site, you can choose perks from the following categories6:
- Eat and drink
- Fashion and Retail
There’s plenty to choose from so you will likely find rewards that suit your lifestyle. Offers typically include instant discounts off products or services.
How can I pay my bill with Sumo?
You can pay your bill via7:
- Quick Pay (by credit card online)
- Direct Debit
- Centrepay (for Centrelink customers)
With Sumo, you’ll receive separate bills for each service within your bundled plan. That way you can clearly see your usage for each. Simply choose the easiest payment option for you and pay your bills with ease.
Can I manage my Sumo account online?
Sumo aims to offer simple products that you can manage effortlessly. That’s why they have created a straightforward online platform where you can8:
- Tailor you plan with the simple bundle builder
- Pay your bills online with ease
- Log in to manage your Sumo Perks
Plus, Sumo is a local company based in Victoria, so you can always call and speak to a real person in their dedicated customer service team.
Choosing an energy plan with Sumo
Sumo’s simple plans and straightforward bundle builder make finding a suitable plan easy. Compare energy plans with iSelect from our range of providers*, and see if Sumo has a bundle that may be suitable for you.
*We don’t compare all energy providers or plans in the market. The availability of plans will change from time to time. Not all plans available from our providers are compared by iSelect and due to commercial arrangements or availability, not all products compared by iSelect will be available to all customers. Some plans and special offers are available only from our call centre and others are available only from our website. Energy plans are available only for properties located in eligible areas of Victoria, New South Wales, South East Queensland, South Australia and ACT. Click here to view our range of providers.