- COVID-19 And Home Internet FAQ
- NBN – National Broadband Network
- Internet Providers
- DSL Internet
- ADSL Internet
- ADSL2+ Internet
- Naked DSL
- Cable Internet
- Broadband Plans Comparison
- Wireless Broadband
- Dial Up Internet
- Mobile Broadband
- Internet Deals
- How Much Data Does Netflix Use?
- Cheap Internet Plans
- Internet Bundles
- 5G Australia
- Internet Speed
- High Speed Internet
- Internet Usage
- Internet FAQ
- Compare Internet Plans
- Internet Glossary
- 5G: An Ultimate Guide
Compare DSL Broadband Plans
DSL internet: an overview
When it comes to making the most of what the internet has to offer, it’s essential to have a connection that can keep up.
DSL is a type of internet connection that connects your home to the internet using existing landline phone wiring. That means many homes across Australia can be connected to DSL easily and quickly.
Unlike dial-up internet, which began to be phased out in the 1990s, a DSL internet connection allows the home phone line to be in use at the same time.
The types of DSL connections
While DSL internet makes use of landline phone cables, it’s possible to connect with DSL using a ‘Naked’ DSL plan. This means you can still have an internet connection without the need for an existing phone line.
What you’ll need to connect with DSL
To connect to the internet at home with DSL, you’ll need3:
- An active home phone line: This will allow the internet connection to be serviced to your home, and is required unless you’re connecting with Naked DSL.
- A modem: This piece of equipment connects the telephone outlet on your wall to your computer, allowing you to get online.
- A DSL internet plan: You can compare DSL providers and their plans with iSelect, to ensure you get the best possible deal for your internet needs.
How to compare DSL plans
If you’ve decided that DSL is the right connection for you, take the next step towards getting online. Let’s compare DSL plans from our range of providers.
iSelect does not compare all broadband or telecommunication providers or plans in the market. The availability of plans will change from time to time. Not all plans available from iSelect providers are compared by iSelect and due to commercial arrangements or availability, not all plans compared by iSelect will be available to all customers. Click here to view iSelect’s range of providers.
Any advice provided in this email is of a general nature and does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You need to consider the appropriateness of any information or general advice iSelect gives you, having regard to your personal situation, before acting on iSelect’s advice or purchasing any product. iSelect receives commission for each product sold.