- Lifetime Health Cover Loading (LHC)
- Best Health Insurance
- Cheap Health Insurance
- What Is The Medicare Safety Net?
- Health Insurance Claim Process
- Health Insurance Tax
- The Medicare Levy
- Penalties & Benefits
- How To Save On Health Insurance
- The Medicare Levy Surcharge (MLS)
- Australian Government Health Rebate
- Health Insurance Rate Rise
- Health Insurance & COVID-19 FAQ
- Coronavirus, Elective Surgery & Your Private Health Insurance
- Coronavirus & Health Insurance in Australia
- CRO Demo Module Page
- Rate Rise Knowledge Hub
- AIA Australia
- AHM Health Insurance
- NCA – Medicare Levy Surcharge – 2021
- NCA – Compare Health Insurance
- Rate Rise Calculator
- Health Cover Check-Up
- Hospital & Extras Cover
- Ambulance Cover
- Dental Cover
- Pregnancy Insurance
- Health Insurance Waiting Periods
- Medical Gap Scheme
- Australian Government Rebate
- Life Stages Health Insurance
- Why Should I Get Health Insurance?
- Joining a Health Fund
- Review your health cover
- Switching Health Funds
- Finding Suitable Health Insurance
- Tips On Selecting Health Insurance
- A Better Way To Buy Health Insurance
- Participating Health Funds
- Medibank Private Health Insurance
- Frank Health Insurance
- Australian Unity
- Bupa Health Insurance
- Latrobe Health Services
- Health Partners
- Health Insurance For IVF
- What Is Crohn’s Disease?
- Private Health Insurance Tiers
- What Is Shingles?
- What Is Eczema?
- How To Discover If You Need Health Insurance
- Health Insurance & Pre-Existing Conditions
- Health Insurance Reforms
- Health Insurance FAQs
- Health Insurance Glossary
- How We Make Money
- Cancer Health Insurance
- How To Cancel Your Health Insurance
- Body Mass Index (BMI) Calculator
- Health Insurance For Cosmetic Surgery
- Health Care Insurance
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
- What Is HICAPS?
- Health Insurance For Single Parents
- Allied Health
myOwn: health insurance policy and product information for 2019
|iSelect does not compare or sell myOwn products|
myOwn takes a different approach to private health insurance. They believe it should be part of a happier and healthier life now, not just as a backup if something goes wrong. The focus of myOwn policies is the AIA Vitality points program.
myOwn offers hospital and extras packages for singles, couples, families and single parent families1. It is backed by AIA Life Insurance, (the world’s second largest life insurer), and GMHBA (a not-for-profit health fund is the proud insurer of choice with over 80 years of experience and 300,000 members across Australia)2.
myOwn and AIA Vitality
Every myOwn policyholder has access to the personalised AIA Vitality program3. By setting goals and monitoring your progress across the scientifically-backed program, you can earn rewards across fitness, travel, and entertainment. The more points you build, the more rewards you unlock.
AIA Vitality offers:
- An app to track your health and wellbeing goals (you can sync it with your fitness device to record your sleep and activity)
- Quick and easy online assessments including nutrition and mental wellbeing
- Points bonuses for health assessments including eye checks, dental checks, and nutrition assessments.
AIA Vitality takes health insurance beyond protection into prevention for a healthier future.
How do I earn AIA Vitality points?
When you join myOwn, you start as a Bronze member in the AIA Vitality program. By earning points through healthy behaviours and activities, you can work through Silver (10,000 points), Gold (20,000 points) and Platinum (30,000 points) membership levels3.
You can earn points through a range of self-assessments, medical checks, and tracking. For example3:
- Physical activities like taking at least 7,500 steps a day (recorded via your fitness tracker and app) = points based on your health status, goals and membership category
- Watch a video online and perform a skin self-examination = up to 1,000 points
- Complete an online nutrition assessment = up to 500 points
- Having a dental check up = up to 1,000 points
- Submit a Non-Smoker Declaration = up to 1,000 points
- Having a flu vaccination = up to 1,000 points
- An AIA Vitality Fitness Assessment at selected gyms = up to 3,000 points
- An annual AIA Vitality Health Check at a participating TerryWhite Chemmart pharmacy = up to 6,000 points.
How am I rewarded?
As you earn points, your membership level increases and so does your access to benefits and discounts. For example3:
- Bronze level – 10% cashback on eligible Virgin Australia flights
- Silver level – 20% cashback on eligible Virgin Australia flights
- Gold level – 30% cashback on eligible Virgin Australia flights
- Platinum level – 50% cashback on eligible Virgin Australia flights.
Other rewards and incentives include:
- $5 donations to the charity of your choice when you reach weekly goals
- Up to $650 of shopping vouchers from retailers including Myer, Woolworths, and Ticketmaster
- Discounts on Endota spa e-gift cards, gym memberships and fitness trackers
myOwn coverage options
myOwn offers five levels of hospital cover to suit your lifestyle and budget:
3. Bronze Plus
5. Silver Plus
Each level has an extras package to match, including options for ‘Lite Extras’ if you’re happy with a lower level of extras coverage.
Why choose myOwn?
Here’s a few reasons why you may want to consider myOwn as your health insurer4:
- Emergency ambulance cover is included with every policy
- myOwn has agreements with almost 90% of private hospitals across Australia
- You receive 100% refund on your hospital excess if you’ve held your policy for more than six months, and qualify for the Silver membership level of AIA Vitality
- Your choice of extras provider
myOwn waiting periods
Like most health funds, waiting periods apply between joining or upgrading our policy within myOwn to when you can start claiming for services1. Waiting periods generally apply to hospital and extras cover unless you’ve served out the waiting period with another health fund, or on an equivalent myOwn policy.
Waiting periods apply in a range of circumstances including for new members, upgrades to existing policies, and treatments for pre-existing conditions.
How to claim for extras cover with myOwn
The simplest way to claim is to use your membership card and claim on the spot at your health care provider using HICAPS. Your provider uses your card to process your claim and you pay any gap1.
Or, you can log in to the myOwn member portal and claim online. You can also claim via post, by sending your claim form to myOwn with your itemised receipt, or by lodging your claim at your local Medicare office, who will then forward to myOwn.
iSelect does not compare or sell myOwn products
iSelect does not compare all health insurance providers or policies in the market. The availability of policies will change from time to time. Not all policies available from its providers are compared by iSelect and due to commercial arrangements, your stated needs and circumstances, not all policies compared by iSelect will be available to all customers. Some policies and special offers are available only from iSelect’s call centre and others are available only from iSelect website. Visit iSelect.com.au to view our range of providers.