- Best health insurance
- Cheap health insurance
- Rate Rise Calculator
- Health Cover Check-Up
- Hospital & Extras Cover
- Ambulance Cover
- Dental Cover
- Pregnancy Cover
- Hospital Cover Waiting Periods
- Health Insurance Tax
- Medical Gap Scheme
- Lifetime Health Cover (LHC) Loading
- Australian Government Rebate
- Life Stages Health Insurance
- Why should I get Health insurance?
- Joining a Health Fund
- Review your health cover
- Switching Health Funds
- Finding the Right Health Insurance
- Tips On Selecting Health Insurance
- A better way to buy health insurance
- Participating Health funds
- myOwn Health Insurance
- Frank Health Insurance
- La Trobe Health Services
- Health Partners
- Health Insurance Reforms
- Health Insurance FAQs
- Health Insurance Glossary
- How We Make Money
Claiming the Rebate as a Reduced Premium
This website is intended to provide general information only and does not constitute financial advice and should not be taken as such.
iSelect urges you to seek advice from your financial advisor on your specific situation.
When applying for your new health insurance, or transferring from another fund, you are required to complete a Government Rebate Form and submit this to your nominated health fund, should you wish to claim the rebate as a reduced premium.
This form only needs to be completed by the main policy holder.
At the top of your rebate form, write the name of your new health insurance fund.
Below this, you are asked for your new membership number. If unknown simply leave this section blank.
Where you’re asked ‘Are you covered by this policy’ select YES and;
The date your ‘premium reduction commenced’ is the start date of your policy.
Continue filling in the following sections with your
- Medicare details
- Your personal details
- Other persons to be covered details
Select the Yes box on this second page, sign and date the form, and send it in and that’s it!
- Download a copy of the rebate form here.