- Overseas Visitors Cover
- Overseas Visitors Cover, is it for me?
- Benefits of having Overseas Visitors Cover
- How do I purchase Overseas Visitors Cover with iSelect?
- Ambulance services
- Choosing the right Cover
- Eligibility for Overseas Visitor Cover
- Reciprocal Health Care Agreements (RHCA)
- Waiting periods for Overseas Visitor Cover
- How to claim benefits
- Who is covered?
- Australian Health System
- What is covered?
- 457 Work Visa
- Policy Details
- 417 Working Holiday Visa
- What is not covered?
- Renewing your Overseas Visitor Cover
- Overseas Student Health Cover
- Travel within Australia
- Retirement/Investor Retirement Visa
- 411 Exchange Visa
- 416 Special Program Visa
- 419 Visiting Academic Visa
- 420 Entertainment Visa
- 442 Occupational Trainee Visa
- Bridging Visa
- Permanent Residency
Australian Health System
Australia’s health care system is divided into a public and private system. Before you visit Australia it is important that you understand how the Australian health care system works.
As an overseas visitor you may not be eligible to free or subsidised services under Australia’s public system. We’ve put together some information to help you better understand how the Australian health care system works, what it means for you and how Overseas Visitors Cover can help cover the cost of health care when you’re here.
There is also information on Australia’s major visas and meeting their health insurance requirements.