- Home Loans & Coronavirus FAQ
- Home Loan Calculators
- How Much Can I Borrow For My Home Loan?
- Refinance Your Home Loan
- Fixed Rate Home Loans
- Interest Only Home Loans
- Variable Rate Home Loans
- Fixed vs Variable Interest
- Debt Consolidation
- Lenders Mortgage Insurance
- Home Equity Loans
- Interest Rates Information
- Mortgage Brokers
- First Home Buyer Grant
- Stamp Duty
- Investing In Property
- What To Consider Before Buying
- Finance Tips For Renovators
- Pre-Renovation Checklist
- Renovating vs Buying a New Home
- Home Loans Comparison Guide
- Home Loan Application Checklist
- 10 Mortgage Repayment Tips
- Home Loan Lenders
- Best Home Loan Rates
- No Deposit Home Loans
- NAB Home Loans
- Westpac Home Loans
Home Loan Repayment Calculator
|This home loans calculator is currently offline, but will be returning soon!|
It’s no secret that buying a property is a big financial commitment. That’s why it’s so important to make sure you’re comfortable with the ongoing repayments.
The best way to structure your home loan will depend on your personal circumstances and why you’re purchasing the property – that is, whether you plan to live there as your primary residence or rent it out as an investment property.
However, bear in mind that different loan options can potentially have a big impact on the ongoing repayments and overall cost of the loan. The term of the loan, whether you’re on a fixed or variable rate, and the repayment type can all affect how much you’ll be paying back each week, fortnight or month.
Use iSelect’s Home Loan Repayment to see what your ongoing repayments might look like.
Calculate Your Repayments and See If You Could Save
How to use the Mortgage Repayment Calculator
Simply fill in:
- The amount you’re borrowing.
- The loan period.
- The loan type – variable, fixed or introductory.
- The interest rate.
- How often you make repayments – monthly, fortnightly or weekly.
- Your repayment type – principal and interest, or interest only.
How to read the results
The Home Loan Repayment Calculator will give you an indication of the ongoing repayments, as well as the total interest payable on the home loan.
One line on the graph indicates the principal remaining each year, and the other line includes interest charges to represent the total amount left to pay on the loan.
You can also see a yearly breakdown of this information, with a table showing the interest charged per annum, the principal remaining, and the total amount owing.
iSelect is not currently offering a Home Loan comparison.