- Switching Electricity Providers
- Electricity and Gas Providers
- Electricity Only Providers
- Energy Saving Tips
- Find The Best Energy Plan
- Find A Cheaper Energy Plan
- Renewable Energy
- Energy Comparison NSW
- Energy Comparison VIC
- Energy Comparison QLD
- Energy Comparison SA
- Energy Comparison ACT
- Family Energy Rebate NSW
- 10 Tips To Save On Your Gas Bill
- Top 10 Tips To Save On Your Electricity Bill
- Energy Plan Comparison
- Compare Electricity Melbourne
- Electricity Plan Comparison
- Gas Plan Comparison
- Gas Connection Sydney
- How To Save On Winter Bills
- How To Connect Your Electricity
- Energy Quotes
- Energy Smart Meters
- How To Track Your Energy Usage
- Small Business Energy Use
ActewAGL: Plans and product information for 2019
Frustrated trying to get your head around the different energy providers, and work out which one you should go with? At iSelect we try to make that job easier, comparing energy plans from our range of providers*, to help you find one which suits you.
In this article, we place our focus on ActewAGL. Find out what this retailer can offer you, and why they’ve built a loyal customer base over their vast experience in the sector. With a promise to always be there for their consumers, read on to learn about who ActewAGL are and why you could benefit from taking up their services.
Who are ActewAGL?
ActewAGL is an electricity, gas and solar retailer based in Canberra. They have over 195,000 residential and business electricity customers, and 145,000 gas customers across the ACT and NSW1.
Boasting over 100 years’ experience, they’re bringing some of the cheapest electricity rates to Australia1. As an active part of local community events and charities, they’re well-established in the region as a company that cares. They’re also one of ACT’s largest employers1.
ActewAGL’s services are built around innovation and they continually look to the future, becoming recognised as being ahead of the curve in many aspects. They aim to bring customers exactly what they want, whether that’s solar power, battery storage or better ways to manage their energy.
Why choose ActewAGL?
ActewAGL has a simple but effective mission: to offer their customers the safe, reliable and sustainable energy solutions they want1.
Some of the benefits that come with signing up with the retailer include:
Flexible payment options for your convenience
Choose the payment option that works best for you. ActewAGL takes payments via direct debit, BPay or online with a credit card. Because they understand that there may be times their customers struggle to pay their bill, they offer a Staying Connected program2.
This is personal support for times you need a hand getting back on track with managing and paying your energy bills.
Easily manage your account online
Easily stay up-to-date with your account. Control, view and pay your bills online with the ActewAGL self-service platform3. You can also use this platform to organise a move, so there’s no more waiting on-hold for a long time trying to reach a customer service associate!
Guarantees for your peace-of-mind
Sometimes things go wrong. When they do, you want to know your provider is able to offer the right support. ActewAGL can arrange for professionals to come out to you for all appliance repair and services, offering a guarantee on their services so you know the work will go the distance4.
The ActewAGL guarantee includes:
- Electrical work: 12 months on workmanship
- Appliance installations: 12 months on workmanship
- Gas appliance repairs*: 3 months on workmanship
*Excludes commercial settings
Electric vehicle charging network
ActewAGL is the primary provider of electric vehicle charging infrastructure in the ACT. In 2015 the installation of a 50kw Rapid Charger5, the first of its kind in the ACT, signalled the initiation of ActewAGL’s electric vehicle charging network.
The network now consists of three rapid chargers and nine fast chargers installed across the ACT. The charging stations are publicly available and accessible for all electric vehicle makes and models.
Through the charging network, ActewAGL aims to increase the adoption of electric vehicles in the ACT as a sustainable solution to fossil fuel driven motor vehicles
Wondering how to read your meter?
You might be confused about how you can read your own electricity meter6, especially with so many variations on the market. Meters and their boxes are designed to meet Australian safety standards but can deteriorate over time, so ensure yours hasn’t been damaged by water, animals or time.
Knowing how to check your usage helps you to monitor your energy consumption and better understand where charges are coming from. You might have any of the following electricity meters installed in your property:
- Smart electricity meter: A smart meter tracks energy consumption in 30 minute intervals, and then remotely sends this information to your energy retailer.
- Electronic electricity meter: Electronic meters record readings in a non-volatile electronic memory, meaning no data will be lost in the case of a power outage.
- Time of use (TOU) electricity meter: A TOU electricity meter has a scroll rate of 5 seconds. You can scroll through different screens with the press of a button.
- Analogue electricity meter: An analogue, or clock face, meter gives a reading by combining 5 dials. Readings are carried out by checking the numbers from the left dial to the right dial.
- Odometer electricity meter: Just like the odometer in your car, this meter is read from left to right. It displays the kilowatt hours of electricity consumed.
Where is ActewAGL available?
ActewAGL provides electricity and natural gas to the ACT, and Actew Solar sells solar-powered solutions and battery storage to ACT and NSW. They’re also able to extend to areas including Queanbeyan, Goulburn, Yass, Young, Nowra and Bega.
Compare energy plans the easy way
*We don’t compare all energy providers or plans in the market. The availability of plans will change from time to time. Not all plans available from our providers are compared by iSelect and due to commercial arrangements or availability, not all products compared by iSelect will be available to all customers. Some plans are available only from our call centre and others are available only from our website. Energy plans are available only for properties located in eligible areas of Victoria, New South Wales, South East Queensland, South Australia and ACT. Click here to view our range of providers.