- Cancer Health Insurance
- What Is The Medicare Safety Net?
- Health Insurance Claim Process
- Best Health Insurance
- Cheap Health Insurance
- Lifetime Health Cover Loading (LHC)
- Rate Rise Calculator
- Health Cover Check-Up
- Hospital & Extras Cover
- Ambulance Cover
- Dental Cover
- Pregnancy Insurance
- Health Insurance Waiting Periods
- Health Insurance Tax
- Penalties & Benefits
- How To Save On Health Insurance
- The Medicare Levy Surcharge (MLS)
- Australian Government Rebate
- Health Insurance Rate Rise
- The Medicare Levy
- Medical Gap Scheme
- Australian Government Rebate
- Life Stages Health Insurance
- Why Should I Get Health Insurance?
- Joining a Health Fund
- Review your health cover
- Switching Health Funds
- Finding Suitable Health Insurance
- Tips On Selecting Health Insurance
- A Better Way To Buy Health Insurance
- Participating Health Funds
- myOwn Health Insurance
- Medibank Private Health Insurance
- Frank Health Insurance
- Australian Unity
- Bupa Health Insurance
- Latrobe Health Services
- Health Partners
- Health Insurance For IVF
- Private Health Insurance Tiers
- How To Discover If You Need Health Insurance
- Health Insurance & Pre-Existing Conditions
- Health Insurance Reforms
- Health Insurance FAQs
- Health Insurance Glossary
- How We Make Money
- How To Cancel Your Health Insurance
- Body Mass Index (BMI) Calculator
- Health Insurance For Cosmetic Surgery
- Health Care Insurance
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
- What Is HICAPS?
- Health Insurance For Single Parents
- Allied Health
ahm Ambulance Cover: What You Need To Know
With ahm, ambulance cover is included as part of your hospital cover. Unless you live in Queensland or Tasmania, where ambulance services are provided free by the State Government.
With ahm you’re covered for one claim per financial year for a single policy, or two claims per financial year for a couple or family policy. Ambulance services are defined as all medically necessary ambulance transport and services, including air ambulance such as CareFlight, to the nearest hospital that’s able to provide the level of care you need.
Why choose ahm?
Lets’ explore some of the benefits of taking out health insurance with ahm, and why they might offer the right services for you and your needs.
Easy claims system
With ahm, it’s super easy to claim for ambulance services. All you need to do is email your invoice1 with your ahm member number in the subject line to ahm. They’ll take care of the rest.
There’s no excess charge for claims on ambulance services with ahm.
Choose from a range of cover options
With ahm hospital cover, you can choose from a range of cover options to suit your needs. If you’re starting a family, you may wish to cover obstetrics and gynecologic services to be treated privately.
You also might want to enjoy lower premiums with their White Lite ‘just in case’ hospital cover, which looks after your costs from accidents and selected surgeries2. If you want top-level cover with all major procedures covered, there’s an option for that as well.
If you want cover for out of hospital treatments like podiatry, optical, physiotherapy and dental, you can choose to combine your hospital cover with a variety of extras products that may suit your needs.
With more than 40 years of experience3 in providing health insurance for Australians, ahm is one of the country’s leading health insurance providers. The team at ahm is dedicated to making private health insurance easy for its members.
More than 700,000 members3 rely on ahm for hospital and extras health insurance. Because ahm is part of Medibank, customers get the peace of mind of knowing they’re in safe hands.
Want to learn more about ahm’s health insurance offerings?
Finding a health policy can be overwhelming, but with iSelect you can compare policies side by side and select one that meets your needs. Start comparing policies online today, or call us on 13 19 20.
iSelect does not compare all products in the market. Not all products are available at all times.