- Cancer Health Insurance
- What Is The Medicare Safety Net?
- Health Insurance Claim Process
- Best Health Insurance
- Cheap Health Insurance
- Lifetime Health Cover Loading (LHC)
- Rate Rise Calculator
- Health Cover Check-Up
- Hospital & Extras Cover
- Ambulance Cover
- Dental Cover
- Pregnancy Insurance
- Health Insurance Waiting Periods
- Health Insurance Tax
- Penalties & Benefits
- How To Save On Health Insurance
- The Medicare Levy Surcharge (MLS)
- Australian Government Rebate
- Health Insurance Rate Rise
- The Medicare Levy
- Medical Gap Scheme
- Australian Government Rebate
- Life Stages Health Insurance
- Why Should I Get Health Insurance?
- Joining a Health Fund
- Review your health cover
- Switching Health Funds
- Finding Suitable Health Insurance
- Tips On Selecting Health Insurance
- A better way to buy health insurance
- Participating Health Funds
- myOwn Health Insurance
- Medibank Private Health Insurance
- Frank Health Insurance
- Australian Unity
- Bupa Health Insurance
- Latrobe Health Services
- Health Partners
- Health Insurance For IVF
- Private Health Insurance Tiers
- How To Discover If You Need Health Insurance
- Health Insurance & Pre-Existing Conditions
- Health Insurance Reforms
- Health Insurance FAQs
- Health Insurance Glossary
- How We Make Money
- How To Cancel Your Health Insurance
- Body Mass Index (BMI) Calculator
- Health Insurance For Cosmetic Surgery
- Health Care Insurance
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
- What Is HICAPS?
- Health Insurance For Single Parents
- Allied Health
HCF Ambulance Cover
HCF is an Australian not-for-profit health insurance provider. Since their beginning in 19321, they’ve helped hundreds of thousands of Australians take out health insurance policies, and have greater peace of mind about their health.
What’s included with HCF ambulance cover?
HCF offers a variety of ambulance cover options, depending on your home state. You can get ambulance cover as part of your hospital cover in all states, and in NSW and ACT, you can also get ambulance only cover with HCF.
Ambulance cover means that if you need an ambulance due to a medical emergency, HCF will cover the cost of the ambulance service.
HCF ambulance cover by state in Australia
Check which level of ambulance cover you can receive depending on your home state:
|State or territory||Level of cover|
What is the difference between emergency and non-emergency ambulance service?
An emergency ambulance services is an on-the-spot, immediate and urgent need for an ambulance whereby the patient would be at risk of death if the service is not provided.
Whereas a non-emergency ambulance service is requested by your doctor because your medical condition requires a level of support and monitoring in transit that only an ambulance can provide2.
Why choose HCF ambulance cover?
HCF ambulance cover provides a number of benefits2:
- Up to $5,000 for non-emergency ambulance services
- Easy claiming – simply send HCF your bill and they’ll take care of payment
- Choose from couples, singles or family cover
- 30 day money back guarantee
- Bundle your insurance and save: get 10% discount on HCF pet insurance and travel insurance
What waiting periods apply with HCF?
There’s only a waiting period of one day for ambulance cover provided by HCF. If you live in NSW or ACT and get ambulance only cover, there is a waiting period of two months for non-emergency ambulance cover.
What’s not covered in this plan?
Benefits are not payable for a number of scenarios, including:
- Transport on discharge from hospital to home, a nursing home, another hospital or other medical centre
- If you’re covered by an ambulance membership, state government scheme
- Charges made for a medical retrieval escort
- If you use an Ambulance Service Providers not recognised by HCF
- When you’re entitled to a waiver of the charges from the ambulance service provider (such as a waiver due to pensioner status)
- When the transport does not meet the definition of non-emergency ambulance transport (such as for general patient transport)
- Where the transport has been elected by the patient or family for reasons such as choice of doctor, or hospital or to be closer to family
Please check the HCF Ambulance Cover PDS2 for full details.
Looking to purchase a health insurance policy with HCF?
iSelect does not compare all products in the market. Not all products are available at all times.