- Public Liability Insurance
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Tradie Insurance
- Cyber Liability Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Commercial Property Insurance
Is It Possible To Find Cheap Public Liability Insurance?
If your business deals with members of the public, then there’s a good chance that you are exposed to potential legal hazards and risks on a daily basis. For example, people can trip and hurt themselves in your venue, or you could accidentally damage client property while working in their home. In these scenarios, a customer, supplier, or a member of the public may choose to sue you for damages.
But how do you find a policy that fits both your business and your budget? In this article we’ll explore some factors you may consider when comparing Public liability insurance policies.
What is public liability insurance?
Public liability insurance is designed to provide protection* for you and your business in the event a customer, supplier or a member of the public are injured or sustain property damage as a result of your negligent business activities.
Choosing between cheap and expensive public liability policies
As with all insurance products, there’s a range of factors to consider when assessing public liability insurance, which means there’s no “one size fits all” policy.
Cheaper forms of insurance will come with lower premiums, but may offer you a lower threshold of cover or more limited coverage in return. Alternatively, opting for a more expensive option will cost you more but may bring a greater level of cover – and therefore peace of mind. It pays to understand what you are buying and to review the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the policy documents and product disclosure statement.
Finding a policy that’s suitable for your unique business
Insurance providers can offer protection that extends well into the millions of dollars depending on policy limits. When it comes to operating a business, a suitable level of public liability insurance could help safeguard your financial interests.
It’s also important to recognise that different policies cover different things, and some are more relevant to certain industries, businesses, and occupations than others.
For instance, a company that sells adventure gear from a brick and mortar store will probably need to consider more cover compared to an online retailer that has minimal customer interaction. It’s worth doing some research to find out exactly what your public liability policy covers and to make sure that it encompasses all aspects of your business.
Some of the factors that can affect your premium:
- Size of your business: The bigger your business and the more employees you have, the more you may have to pay for your policy
- Business & industry type: If your business has a lot of public foot traffic, such as a café or restaurant, then the risk of someone being injured by accidents in your workplace could be higher, and your premium will likely reflect this increased risk
- Claim history: If you’ve had to make a public liability claim in the past, this could increase your risk, and therefore the cost of your premiums
- Location: If your business is located in an area that is deemed to be a higher risk area that could affect the cost of your public liability insurance
Looking for a good deal? Compare policies with iSelect & BizCover
At iSelect we’ve partnered with BizCover to help you easily compare business insurance policies. After entering the details about your business, you can review quotes on offer from a range of business insurance providers. Get started online today, or call us on 13 19 20!
* As with any insurance, cover will be subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the policy document or Product Disclosure Statement. The information set out above is general only and should not be relied upon as advice.
iSelect’s partnered with BizCover Pty Ltd (ABN 68 127 707 975: AFSL No.501769) to help you compare small business insurance policies. iSelect earns a commission from Bizcover for every policy sold through the website or contact centre. iSelect and BizCover do not compare all brands in the market, or all policies offered by all brands. iSelect does not arrange policies from the brands we compare for you directly, but iSelect will refer you to our trusted partner, Bizcover Pty Ltd who can.
Any advice provided by iSelect is of a general nature and does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You need to consider the appropriateness of any information or general advice iSelect gives you, having regard to your personal situation, before acting on iSelect’s advice or purchasing any product. You need to consider if the insurance product is suitable for you. Please read the Financial Services Guide before buying any insurance policy.