- About Health Insurance
- How We Make Money
- Finding the Right Health Insurance For You
- Why get Health Insurance
- Participating Health funds
- Top 6 Reasons You’ll do better with iSelect
- Are you paying too much on Health Insurance?
- 5 Health Insurance hot tips
- A better way to buy health insurance
- Life Stages Health Insurance
- Health Funds
- Means Test
- Health Insurance Tax
- Saving tax on health insurance
- How to save on Health Insurance
- About Medicare Levy Surcharge (MLS)
- Australian Government Rebate
- Health Insurance Rate Rise
- Hospital & Extras Cover
- Health Insurance FAQs
- Qantas Frequent Flyer Offer
If you have regular visits to the dentist or physiotherapist, require glasses or are interested in alternative therapies such as acupuncture, naturopathy, remedial massage or other specialist treatments, then selecting the right mix of extras cover may be just what the doctor ordered and give you increased value from your private health insurance.
Some of the extras cover options include:
- Dental treatment, Chiropractic treatment, Home nursing, Podiatry
- Physiotherapy, Occupational, Speech and Eye therapy
- Glasses and contact lenses
- Prosthesis and other ancillary services
The range of benefits offered and paid will typically vary widely between funds.
Some health funds may restrict the total amount you can claim by setting either a total claimable maximum per year, or applying individual service limits.