About Health Insurance
- Why get Health Insurance?
- Top 6 Reasons You'll do better with iSelect
- Are you paying too much on Health Insurance?
- 5 Health Insurance hot tips
- A better way to buy health insurance
- Lifetime Health Cover Explained
- Compare your Health Insurance options with iSelect
- Health Insurance Information
- Life Stages
- Participating Health funds
- Joining a health Fund
- Means Testing
Health Insurance & Tax
- Saving tax on health insurance
- Save up to 30%
- About Medicare Levy Surcharge (MLS)
- Australian Government Rebate
- Health Insurance Premium Rate Rise
- Hospital & Extras cover
- Qantas Frequent Flyer Offer
Family Health Cover
Family cover is considered a necessity by many families. Existing without the peace of mind of being covered for life’s ups and downs can be stressful and often costly in the long run.
Whether you're starting a family, planning more children, or dealing with the short or long term illness of a family member, you can rely on health insurance to help ease the financial burden.
If you have private health insurance you are covered against some or all of the costs of being a private patient in either a public or private hospital. There are many different family health insurance policies to choose from. These policies will cover either some or all of the cost of your hospital care and allow you to choose your own doctor or specialist.
With Family Health Cover you may insure against some or all of the costs of health services not covered by Medicare, such as:
- Hospital expenses (theatre fees or accommodation) as a private patient in either a public or private hospital
- Dental treatment, Chiropractic treatment, Home nursing, Podiatry
- Physiotherapy, Occupational, Speech and Eye therapy
- Glasses and contact lenses
- Prosthesis and other ancillary services
Having to care for a sick child or a partner brings added challenges and stress to family life. Choosing the right Family Health Cover is an investment in peace of mind — knowing you and your family will have access to high quality medical services when you need them.
For families with children packaging hospital and extras cover is usually a wise choice. Often taking hospital and extras with different insurers you can end up with a better deal. Hospital cover doesn't have to include hip and knee replacement and cataract surgery because there's probably less need at this stage of life. Consider looking at extra's cover that includes dental cover for things like orthodontics as costs for single child can be between $2,000-$5,000 for a single child.
iSelect - a better way to buy private health insurance
Compare, select and save from a great range of competitive options matched to your needs and budget.