- Electricity Plan Comparison
- Gas Plan Comparison
- Energy Plan Comparison
- Switching Electricity Providers
- Electricity Suppliers
- Cheap Electricity
- Energy Quotes
- Energy Comparison ACT
- Family Energy Rebate NSW
- Energy Comparison South Australia
- Energy Comparison Queensland
- Energy Comparison Victoria
- Energy Comparison NSW
- Renewable Energy
- Save Electricity
- Qantas Frequent Flyer Offer
Switching Energy Providers
Time to switch: How and when to change electricity and gas providers
Like your insurance policy or mobile phone contract, when it comes to your energy bills nobody’s going to turn down a better deal, and a few extra dollars in the pocket will add to the warmth you feel as you sit by the gas heater, knowing you’ve saved.
And with so many suppliers now in the market, consumers have more choices that ever when it comes to negotiating their way into a better plan.
So when should you switch?
Your contract is up for renewal
This is a great time to make the move, as your current provider will be keen to keep your business, and potential ones will be looking to lure you away.
You’ve found a new house
Often the most common time to switch providers, it’s a great opportunity to see if your current plan works for your changing situation. Moving from a sharehouse to living alone? Your energy consumption will change. Starting a home business? It’s likely you’re going to be putting a bit more pressure on the grid. It’s probably time to chat to someone.
What should I consider?
Points to consider when comparing providers
- The rate per kWh during peak and off-peak times (if applicable)
- How long is the contract, can you go month to month to gain more freedom?
- Are there any exit fees?
- Is there the opportunity for discounts if you pay on time?
- Does their billing frequency work for you financially?
- Will it be cheaper to move your gas and electricity to the same provider or split between different providers?
Now let’s find a better deal
There’s no time like the present to explore your options. iSelect can help.