Privacy Collection Notice
Issued: December 2022
CIMET Sales Pty Ltd ABN 72 620 395 726 (CIMET) and iSelect Ltd ACN 124 302 932 and its group companies (together, iSelect) (each a “Recipient” and collectively referred to as “we”, “our” and “us”) are subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). iSelect has partnered with CIMET to help you compare a range of mobile sim plans and providers (Comparison Service). By providing your details in connection with the Comparison Service, including but not limited to via the iSelect website, you consent to the following collection notice.
We collect personal information directly from you where that is practicable, but may collect personal information from other sources where you consent to it or it is necessary in order to perform a function you have requested. Where you provide information about another person to us, you warrant that you have obtained that person’s consent before providing it to us.
CIMET collects and uses your personal information:
- for the purpose of providing you the Comparison Services, and to complete the purchase of a mobile sim plan;
- to verify your identity and manage any enquiries or complaints you have after you’ve purchased a mobile sim plan;
- for internal record keeping, administrative purposes, invoicing and billing purposes; and
- to comply with any applicable law.
CIMET may disclose your personal information:
- to any retailer whose mobile sim plan you apply for, or any service provider acting on behalf of the retailer;
- to iSelect, any correspondence it has with you on behalf of iSelect;
- to persons such as employees, service providers, contractors and related entities in foreign jurisdictions, including United States of America, Ireland, United Kingdom, the Netherlands, the Philippines and India;
iSelect collects and uses your personal information:
- for the purpose of market and product research analysis and carrying out internal functions including financial reconciliation;
- to identify products, services and promotional offers that may be of interest to you and inform you of them by contacting you through any of the communication methods you have disclosed in connection with your use of the Comparison Service, unless you inform us you do not wish to be contacted;
- if you make contact with us via our call centre or any other method regarding an enquiry or complaint in connection with the Comparison Service. In this instance your personal information will only be collected where required to address your query or complaint.
iSelect may disclose your personal information:
- to service providers who support iSelect’s business functions. These providers help us with services such as providing office management software, communication software, and supporting our electronic marketing activities. We take steps to ensure that all our service providers agree to protect the privacy and security of your personal information, and that they only use it for the purposes in this notice.
- As a result of some of iSelect’s service providers being located overseas, iSelect may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients, including those located in United States of America, India, New Zealand, Malaysia, and Fiji. Some of the service platforms used by iSelect are maintained in Japan, Singapore, Ireland and Hong Kong.
If you don’t want to receive any marketing material from iSelect, you can opt-out by:
– Clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in an email you’ve received;
– Sending us a request by email to [email protected];
– Calling us on 13 19 20; or
– Writing to the Privacy Officer, iSelect Ltd, Level 11, Tower 1, Collins Square, 727 Collins Street, Docklands Vic 3008.
If you do not provide the personal information as requested on our forms, we may not be able to provide the Comparison Services you require, or the information provided to you may not be relevant or suitable to your circumstances.
How you can contact us
You can contact CIMET about any privacy issues on the following details:
Phone: 1800 013 000
Mail: Level 18/570 George Street, Sydney 2000
Email: [email protected]
You can contact iSelect about any privacy issues on the following details:
Phone: 13 19 20
Mail: Level 11, Tower 1, Collins Square, 727 Collins Street, Docklands Vic 3008
Email: [email protected]