Privacy Collection Notice – Home Loans
Thanks for using our services! We’re committed to protecting your personal information. Here we explain how iSelect Limited (ABN 48 124 302 932) and its group companies (together, iSelect or we) handle the personal information you give us when you use our Home Loans Comparison Service.
- What we collect and how we collect it
We provide a Home Loans Comparison Service which:
- allows you to compare different home loan products; and
- refers you to an iSelect powered by AFG mortgage broker who will assist you to apply for and take out a home loan.
We operate our Home Loans Comparison Service online. When you use our Comparison Service, we collect details such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number. We also collect basic details about your home loan needs such as the amount you plan to borrow, why you’re looking for in a loan, the features you need in your loan and your employment status to provide you with a comparison of loans that meets your needs. If you decide to apply for a loan through an iSelect powered by AFG mortgage broker we refer you to, the iSelect powered by AFG mortgage broker will collect additional information including more detailed information about your personal and financial circumstances required by mortgage broker’s panel of lenders. The iSelect powered by AFG mortgage broker will ask you to sign a separate privacy consent in relation to this information.
If we need you to give us personal information about another person (for example, a co-borrower), it’s important that you let the person know we have collected their information and that they can ask to access and correct the information we hold about them.
If you don’t provide us with the information we need, or if you provide us with incorrect or incomplete information, then we may not be able to provide you with our Comparison Service or refer you to an iSelect powered by AFG mortgage broker.
- Why we collect personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information so that we can:
- provide you with our Comparison Service;
- refer you to an iSelect powered by AFG mortgage broker;
- improve our understanding of your interests in relation to our services and offers;
- conduct research and perform surveys to improve our understanding about your experience and views on home loans;
- monitor our service for quality control and training purposes;
- manage our internal financial management and accounting; and
- ensure we meet our legal obligations.
- Direct Marketing & Opting Out
We use personal information to inform you about products and offers that we think you may be interested in, including special offers, promotions and events. We may do this by email, telephone, SMS or social media.
If you don’t want to receive any marketing material from us, you can opt-out by:
- Clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in an email you’ve received;
- Sending us a request by email to [email protected];
- Calling us on 13 19 20; or
- writing to the Privacy Officer, iSelect Ltd, Level 11, Tower 1, Collins Square, 727 Collins Street, Docklands Vic 3008.
- Who we share your personal information with
If you decide to apply for a home loan through an iSelect powered by AFG mortgage broker, we will share your information with an iSelect powered by AFGmortgage broker and their parent company and Australian Credit Licensee, Australian Finance Group Ltd (AFG). . AFG may also provide us with information collected from you. AFG may use personal information to inform you about other loan products and offers by email, telephone, SMS or social media. If you don’t want to receive any marketing material from AFG, you will be able to opt-out.
We use service providers to help us provide the Home Loans Comparison Services. We take steps to ensure that all our service providers agree to protect the privacy and security of your personal information, and that they only use it for the purposes in this Notice.
These service providers help us by:
- providing us with support for our call centre;
- providing administrative support so we can process your application and get ready for settlement;
- providing us with software so that we can run comparisons,
- keeping records related to our Comparison Service and any sale if you decide to buy through us;
- monitoring our telephone calls for quality control and training purposes so we can keep improving our customer service;
- providing us with our office management software, such as email;
- providing us with software that supports communication between our IT systems, including Australian-hosted cloud services; and
- supporting our electronic direct marketing activities, such as sending our marketing emails.
Some of the service providers are located overseas. This means we may disclose personal information to overseas providers who are located in the Fiji, the Philippines, South Africa and the United States.
We also share your personal information with other companies within the iSelect group for the purposes we’ve already mentioned.
- Got a question or complaint?