Privacy Collection Notice – Credit Cards
Thanks for using our services! We’re committed to protecting your personal information. Here we explain how iSelect Limited (ABN 48 124 302 932) and its group companies (together, iSelect or we) handle the personal information you give us when you use our Credit Card comparison service.
- What we collect and how we collect it
We provide a Credit Cards Comparison Service which allows you to compare different Credit Cards policies.
We operate our Credit Cards Comparison Service online through our website. When you use our Comparison Service, we may collect details such as your name, email address, and telephone number. If you provide us with your contact details, we will also collect details about the Credit Cards that you compared. If you decide to take apply for a Credit Card, we’ll refer you directly to the relevant financial institution so that you can complete your application.
If you don’t provide us with your contact details, or if you provide us with incorrect or incomplete information, then we won’t be able to send the comparison results to you.
- Why we collect personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information so that we can:
- provide you with our Comparison Service;
- send to you your personalised results so that you can access them at any time;
- improve our understanding of your interests in relation to our services and offers, including improving our data analytics capability to provide our customers with better comparisons;
- conduct research and perform surveys to improve our understanding about your experience and views on credit cards;
- manage our internal financial management and accounting; and
- ensure we meet our legal obligations.
- Direct Marketing & Opting Out
If you provide us with your contact details, we use personal information to inform you about products and offers that we think you may be interested in, including special offers, promotions and events. We may do this by email, telephone, SMS or social media.
If you don’t want to receive any marketing material from us, you can opt-out by:
- Clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in an email you’ve received;
- Sending us a request by email to email@example.com;
- Calling us on 13 19 20; or
- writing to the Privacy Officer, iSelect Ltd, 294 Bay Road, Cheltenham, Vic 3192.
- Who we share your personal information with
If you decide to apply for a particular Credit Card, we’ll refer you directly to the relevant financial institution so can complete your application.
We use service providers to help us provide the Comparison Services. We take steps to ensure that all our service providers agree to protect the privacy and security of your personal information, and that they only use it for the purposes in this Notice.
These service providers help us by:
- providing us with software so that we can run comparisons,
- keeping records related to our Comparison Service;
- providing us with software that supports communication between our IT systems, including Australian-hosted cloud services; and
- supporting our electronic direct marketing activities, such as sending our marketing emails.
Some of the service providers are located overseas. This means we may disclose personal information to overseas providers who are located in the United States.
- Got a question or complaint?