Mobile Phone Tips
Tips to help Get the Most Out of Your Mobile Phone
From maximising your battery life to stretching your data allowance, here are some tips for getting the most out of your phone.
Today’s smartphones are super-sophisticated and chock-full of handy features. Here are our tips and tricks to make sure you’re getting the most out of your phone.
1. Keep your battery happy
While most modern smartphones are designed to provide several hours of performance under normal use, there are many factors that can cause your battery to drain faster than it needs to.
Here are some ways to help your battery go the extra mile for you:
- Keep it cool. Extreme heat is a known battery zapper. For the better performance and longevity, never subject your phone to high temperatures.
- Update apps. Turn off automatic app updates and instead update them manually when needed.
- Kill push notifications. Every ding, buzz or flash could drain your battery a little, so consider limiting notifications to help save on battery life throughout the day.
- Keep software updated. Software updates often contain new energy-saving technologies, so don’t ignore those reminders.
- Close apps you are not using. Apps running in the background can impact how long your battery time.
2. Be data savvy
Watching videos and downloading files can quickly eat up your monthly data allowance. Use Wi-Fi instead of 3G/4G/5G to save on data when surfing the web, watching videos or downloading apps on your phone.
3. Get your privacy settings right
Between prying eyes and third party apps all trying to access your data, making sure you have the right privacy settings on your smart phone can be a challenge.
Here are some tips:
- Get password secure. One of the easiest ways to protect your privacy is to set your screen lock password.
- Stop apps in their tracks. Don’t letting third party apps access the personal data on your phone.
- Turn off message previews. Most phones will display a preview of your messages on your lock screen. Turn this setting off if you’re concerned about others seeing snippets of your private communications.
Last updated: 13/09/2021
*iSelect does not provide a comparison service for mobile phone or sim plans. You can contact iSelect’s contact centre where we offer you a range of mobile sim plans from Optus. We receive a commission for each plan sold through iSelect’s contact centre.