- Income Protection Insurance
- Income Protection vs Mortgage Protection
- Choosing The Best Income Protection Insurance
- Is Income Protection Insurance Tax Deductible?
- Income Protection Through Superannuation
- What Is Income Protection Insurance?
- Income Protection – A Basic Breakdown
- Income Protection For Doctors & Dentists
- Income Protection For Self-Employed
- Life Insurance Products
- What is Life Insurance?
- Why Do I Need Life Insurance?
- How To Purchase Life Insurance
- Key Person Insurance
- Life Insurance vs Income Protection
- Life Insurance Glossary
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Life Insurance Tax Deductible?
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Family Life Insurance
- Income Protection & GST
- Life Insurance And Superannuation
- Life Insurance For Seniors
- When Is Life Insurance Paid Out?
- Life insurance for Diabetics
Life Insurance Glossary
Please note this glossary is intended for guidance only and you should read your policy wording and definitions or consult your financial adviser for further clarification.
An illness or disease that becomes apparent while the policy is in force.
Term or Life insurance
An insurance policy that pays a lump sum to dependants or other beneficiaries on the death of the person covered.
Total and permanent disability (TPD) insurance
An policy that provides insurance cover if a person suffers from permanent disability.
Trauma insurance (also known as critical illness insurance) provides a cash lump sum in the event of contracting a specified disease or trauma. The number of conditions covered (benefits) varies widely, cheaper policies often offering less benefits.