- Home Loan Calculators
- How Much Can I Borrow?
- Refinance Your Home Loan
- Fixed Rate Home Loans
- Interest Only Home Loans
- Variable Rate Home Loans
- Fixed vs Variable Interest
- Debt Consolidation
- Lenders Mortgage Insurance
- Home Equity Loans
- Interest Rates Information
- Mortgage Brokers
- First Home Buyer Grant
- Stamp Duty
- Investing In Property
- What To Consider Before Buying
- Finance Tips For Renovators
- Pre-Renovation Checklist
- Renovating vs Buying a New Home
- Home Loans Comparison Guide
- Home Loan Application Checklist
- 10 Mortgage Repayment Tips
- About Home Loans
- Home Loan Lenders
- Best Home Loan Rates
- No Deposit Home Loans
- NAB Home Loans
- Westpac Home Loans
NAB home loans: Product information for 2019
Your home loan is likely to be the biggest investment you’ll ever make, so it’s important to have choices on how to structure your loan and features to manage your money.
NAB home loans are all about embracing life’s possibilities1. From first home loans, to renovating, refinancing or property investment loans, you can compare features and benefits to find the NAB loan to suit the stage you’re at.
Your choice of home loan features
Whether you’re a first home buyer or a seasoned property purchaser, it’s important to understand the types of home loan features you have available. Comparing NAB home loans will give you an idea of what features are important to you, and what you could live without.
Do you want to redraw funds? Do you want to make extra repayments? Here’s a list of NAB’s home loans packages currently on offer in June 2019:
- NAB Choice Package: Comes with no application, annual card or monthly service fees2
- NAB Tailored Home Loan: Comes with the option of being variable or fixed rate, and you can even take out a split home loan (which is two different loans for the same property with one application fee)3
- NAB Base Variable Rate Home Loan: Gives you the ability to make additional payments, helping you pay your loan off faster and save on interest. Additionally, repayments are flexible and can be made weekly, fortnightly, or monthly4
Home loan structures to work for you
Depending on how much you want to borrow, NAB home loan structures can include5:
- Principal and Interest (each payment reduces the original amount you borrowed – the principal – and covers your interest)
- Interest only (you pay only the interest payments, so repayments may be lower, but you won’t reduce the principal amount)
- A split of interest only and principal (you will have two smaller loans structured as principal and interest and interest only)
- Line of credit loans6
NAB home loans offer a range of ways to structure interest only loans3. Choices include a 5 years interest-only term in arrears (you pay the interest over the 5 years like a normal mortgage payment, or a 10 year interest-only term for investors which can be paid in arrears or in advance.
Depending on your situation, you may also have tax benefits from using an interest-only structure on your investment property7. Independent financial advice is always recommended to make the best choices on your home loan.
Line of credit options
Some NAB home loans feature a line of credit facility8. Your property is used as security, and you have access to an overdraft as you need it. An overdraft is like a loan, but you won’t pay interest on it unless you access the money. Comparing NAB home loan options will show you which offer a line of credit.
Steps to home loan success with NAB
There are a number of important factors when you apply for a NAB home loan. Some of these include9:
- Your income: how much you earn
- Your expenditure: how much you spend
- Assets: things you own like an existing property or car
- Debts: what you owe, including credit cards, and personal loans
But savings and credit history can boost your chances of a successful application.
Online conditional approval
Once you’ve compared NAB home loans and found your a product suitable for you, you can apply online for conditional approval10. Conditional approval from NAB means you’ve been approved in principle for a certain amount based on the information you’ve provided. When you find your property, you’ll have to meet some conditions for the loan to be unconditionally approved.
It can make a big difference to have conditional or pre-approval for your home loan when it’s time to make an offer, and negotiate prices on the property you want.
It’s also a smart way to keep yourself on track with how much you can afford to spend, and plan ahead for your budget knowing what your repayments are likely to be.
NAB home loan conditional approvals generally last for 90 days10, but you can reapply if you don’t find the property you want in that time.
Compare NAB loans with iSelect powered by AFG
When you search for your next home loan with iSelect powered by AFG, you can narrow down your search results so you can only see NAB home loans, and make a direct comparison between their loan choices.
Start comparing home loans online today with iSelect powered by AFG.
iSelect powered by AFG does not compare all home loan lenders or products in the market. Some products may only be available from iSelect powered by AFG’s call centre. The availability of products may change from time to time. Not all products available from iSelect powered by AFG’s providers are compared due to commercial arrangements, your stated needs and circumstances. Not all products compared by iSelect powered by AFG will be available to all customers. Click here to iSelect powered by AFG’s range of lenders.
Home loans products arranged by iSelect Mortgages Pty Ltd (ACN 148 217 181) powered by AFG, is an authorised credit representative of Australian Finance Group Limited (Australian Credit Licence Number 389087).
Any advice provided in this email/article is of a general nature and does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You need to consider the appropriateness of any information or general advice iSelect gives you, having regard to your personal situation, before acting on iSelect powered by AFG’s advice or purchasing any product. iSelect receives commission for each product sold.