- Understanding Home And Contents Insurance
- Your Guide To Renters Insurance
- A Home Owner’s Guide To Home And Contents Insurance
- Home And Contents FAQ
- Contents Insurance Explained
- Landlord Insurance Explained
- Claiming Home And Contents Insurance
- Home & Contents Queensland
- Fire Insurance
- The Average Value Of Home Contents
- The Best Home & Contents Insurance
- Smart Homes
Home And Contents FAQ
What are my home and / or contents insured for?
The Budget Direct standard Home and / or Contents insurance policy will cover you for:
- Theft or attempted theft
- Accidental breakage of glass, ceramic and sanitary fixtures
- Storm and rainwater
- Sudden and unexpected escape of liquid
- Impact cover
Is my jewellery covered by this Home and / or Contents cover?
Your jewellery will be covered for the replacement value if it is noted as a specified item or if not specified, up to $1000 per item with a limit of $5000 in total.
You can take out Personal Effects cover if you’d like to cover your jewellery away from the home.
There are two types of Personal Effects cover:
- Unspecified Personal Effects – you don’t need to specify the type or value of the items on the insurance certificate, it covers items valued at less than $1,000
- Specified Personal Effects – you need to specify each item and its value on the insurance certificate, it covers items valued at more than $1,000
You may need to provide proof of ownership and / or valuation of the items when you claim.
Do you offer flood cover?
No, floods are not covered by the Budget Direct standard Home and/or Contents policy.
A flood is defined as the covering of normally dry land by water that has escaped or been released from the normal confines of any:
- lake, or any river, creek or other natural watercourse, whether or not altered or modified;
- or any reservoir, canal, or dam.
Budget Direct Home and / or Insurance does cover ‘Sudden and Unexpected Escape of Liquid’ and ‘Storm and Rainwater’, subject to terms and conditions. Please read the product disclosure statement Part A and Part B for more information on the events that are insured by this cover.
Please make sure you read the Product Disclosure Statement Part A and Part B relevant to these insurance policies for full detail on all terms and conditions of cover, and for any limits and exclusions that may apply
iSelect General Pty Limited ABN 90 131 798 126, AFS Licence Number: 334115. Any advice provided by iSelect is of a general nature and does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You need to consider the appropriateness of any information or general advice we give you, having regard to your personal situation, before acting on our advice or purchasing any product. You should consider iSelect’s Financial Services Guide which provides information about our services and your rights as a client of iSelect. We receive commission for each product sold.