- Understanding Home And Contents Insurance
- Your Guide To Renters Insurance
- A Home Owner’s Guide To Home And Contents Insurance
- Coronavirus and Home & Contents FAQ
- Engagement Ring Insurance
- Home And Contents FAQ
- Contents Insurance Explained
- Building Insurance
- Landlord Insurance Explained
- Claiming Home And Contents Insurance
- Home & Contents Queensland
- Home & Contents Western Australia
- Home & Contents New South Wales
- Home & Contents Victoria
- Home & Contents Tasmania
- Home & Contents South Australia
- Home & Contents Northern Territory
- Fire Insurance
- Mobile Phone Insurance
- The Average Value Of Home Contents
- How To Find Great Value Home & Contents Insurance
- Smart Homes
Home And Contents FAQ
What are my home and / or contents insured for?
A standard Home and / or Contents insurance policy will cover you for:
- Theft or attempted theft
- Accidental breakage of glass, ceramic and sanitary fixtures
- Storm and rainwater
- Sudden and unexpected escape of liquid
- Impact cover
Make sure you read the Product Disclosure Statement for any terms and conditions of cover, and limits and exclusions that may apply.
Is my jewellery covered by this Home and / or Contents cover?
Your jewellery will be covered for the replacement value if it is noted as a specified item or if not specified, up to $1000 per item with a limit of $5000 in total.
You can take out Personal Effects cover if you’d like to cover your jewellery away from the home.
There are two types of Personal Effects cover:
- Unspecified Personal Effects – you don’t need to specify the type or value of the items on the insurance certificate, it covers items valued at less than $1,000
- Specified Personal Effects – you need to specify each item and its value on the insurance certificate, it covers items valued at more than $1,000
You may need to provide proof of ownership and / or valuation of the items when you claim.
Make sure you read the Product Disclosure Statement Part A and Part B for any terms and conditions of cover, and limits and exclusions that may apply.
Do you offer flood cover?
A flood is defined as the covering of normally dry land by water that has escaped or been released from the normal confines of any:
- lake, or any river, creek or other natural watercourse, whether or not altered or modified;
- or any reservoir, canal, or dam.
iSelect does not provide a comparison service for home and contents insurance. We provide a click through arrangement instead. We receive a commission for each product sold through our partner’s website or contact centre.
iSelect General Pty Limited ABN 90 131 798 126, AFS Licence Number: 334115. Any advice provided by iSelect on the website is of a general nature and does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You need to consider the appropriateness of any information or general advice iSelect gives you, having regard to your personal situation, before acting on iSelect’s advice or purchasing any product through our partner’s website. You should consider iSelect’s Financial Services Guide which provides information about our services and your rights as a client of iSelect.