Frequently Asked Questions about this cover
What are my home and / or contents insured for?
The Budget Direct standard Home and / or Contents insurance policy will cover you for:
- Theft or attempted theft
- Accidental breakage of glass, ceramic and sanitary fixtures
- Storm and rainwater
- Sudden and unexpected escape of liquid
- Impact cover
Is my jewellery covered by this Home and / or Contents cover?
Your jewellery will be covered for the replacement value if it is noted as a specified item or if not specified, up to $1000 per item with a limit of $5000 in total.
You can take out Personal Effects cover if you’d like to cover your jewellery away from the home.
There are two types of Personal Effects cover:
- Unspecified Personal Effects – you don’t need to specify the type or value of the items on the insurance certificate, it covers items valued at less than $1,000
- Specified Personal Effects – you need to specify each item and its value on the insurance certificate, it covers items valued at more than $1,000
You may need to provide proof of ownership and / or valuation of the items when you claim.
Do you offer flood cover?
No, floods are not covered by the Budget Direct standard Home and/or Contents policy.
A flood is defined as the covering of normally dry land by water that has escaped or been released from the normal confines of any:
- lake, or any river, creek or other natural watercourse, whether or not altered or modified;
- or any reservoir, canal, or dam.
Budget Direct Home and / or Insurance does cover ‘Sudden and Unexpected Escape of Liquid’ and ‘Storm and Rainwater’, subject to terms and conditions. Please read the product disclosure statement Part A and Part B for more information on the events that are insured by this cover.
Please make sure you read the Product Disclosure Statement Part A and Part B relevant to these insurance policies for full detail on all terms and conditions of cover, and for any limits and exclusions that may apply