- Cancer Health Insurance
- What Is The Medicare Safety Net?
- Health Insurance Claim Process
- Best Health Insurance
- Cheap Health Insurance
- Lifetime Health Cover Loading (LHC)
- Rate Rise Calculator
- Health Cover Check-Up
- Hospital & Extras Cover
- Ambulance Cover
- Dental Cover
- Pregnancy Insurance
- Health Insurance Waiting Periods
- Health Insurance Tax
- Penalties & Benefits
- How To Save On Health Insurance
- The Medicare Levy Surcharge (MLS)
- Australian Government Health Rebate
- Health Insurance Rate Rise
- The Medicare Levy
- Medical Gap Scheme
- Australian Government Rebate
- Life Stages Health Insurance
- Why Should I Get Health Insurance?
- Joining a Health Fund
- Review your health cover
- Switching Health Funds
- Finding Suitable Health Insurance
- Tips On Selecting Health Insurance
- A Better Way To Buy Health Insurance
- Participating Health Funds
- myOwn Health Insurance
- Medibank Private Health Insurance
- Frank Health Insurance
- Australian Unity
- Bupa Health Insurance
- Latrobe Health Services
- Health Partners
- Health Insurance For IVF
- What Is Crohn’s Disease?
- Private Health Insurance Tiers
- What Is Shingles?
- What Is Eczema?
- How To Discover If You Need Health Insurance
- Health Insurance & Pre-Existing Conditions
- Health Insurance Reforms
- Health Insurance FAQs
- Health Insurance Glossary
- How We Make Money
- How To Cancel Your Health Insurance
- Body Mass Index (BMI) Calculator
- Health Insurance For Cosmetic Surgery
- Health Care Insurance
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
- What Is HICAPS?
- Health Insurance For Single Parents
- Allied Health
Medibank Health Insurance: does it suit your needs?
|iSelect does not compare or sell Medibank products. Medibank is not an iSelect partner, nor is iSelect commercially affiliated with Medibank in any way. For a full list of the providers iSelect does compare, please visit our partners page.|
Finding the right private health insurance can be a stressful and time-consuming process. With so many options to choose from, it can be difficult to know where to start. Luckily, Medibank is here to help.
Medibank health insurance offers insurance solutions to over 3.8 million people across Australia and New Zealand1. If you’re looking for private health insurance to support you in your time of need, Medibank has got your covered.
Why choose Medibank?
Medibank has been providing health insurance cover to Australians for over 40 years1. As one of the largest health provider networks in the country, Medibank has the knowledge and experience required to help you achieve optimum health.
Medibank understand that cost is a major factor when it comes to choosing a health insurance policy, and offer a diverse range of options to suit every budget. The fact that Medibank has agreements with most of the private hospitals in Australia means that members have greater choice when it comes to taking control of their health.
Who is Medibank health insurance suitable for?
Medibank has a health insurance policy to suit people from all walks of life. It doesn’t matter who you are or what your situation is, Medibank has a plan for you.
- Singles2: this cover is suitable for individuals looking for a cost-effective plan. Whether you’re new to health insurance, newly retired, or new to the country, Medibank has a policy to suit your needs.
- Couples3: if you have a partner and want the best level of care available, talk to the team at Medibank. Couples health insurance offers you and your partner protection when you need it most.
- Families4: families come in all shapes and sizes. It doesn’t matter how many children you have or whether your family is made up of a mum and dad, two mums, or two dads, Medibank is here to help.
- Single parents5: life as a single parent can be stressful so the last thing you want to do is worry about your health insurance. With Medibank single parents cover you get the level of cover you require without the expense.
What does Medibank health insurance include?
Medibank understand that the level of health insurance you require may change from time to time. They have a wide range of policies to support you at every stage of your life.
Hospital and Extras cover:
With Medibank hospital and extras cover6, finding a health insurance plan has never been easier. Simply choose the level of hospital cover you require, then match it with an extras cover and you have a readymade plan that’s right for you.
Here are the hospital and extras options you can choose from:
- Basic Accident and Ambulance
- Basic Plus Health Start
- Medibank Bronze Everyday
- Medibank Bronze Plus Progress
- Medibank Silver Everyday
- Medibank Silver Plus Assured
- Medibank Silver Plus Security
- Medibank Gold Complete
- Healthy Start Extras
- Essential Extras
- Growing Family Extras Only
- Top Extras
Provides cover for a wide range of common hospital treatments7. Hospital cover also gives you access to around-the-clock advice from Medibank nurses via their 24/7 health advice line, and unlimited emergency ambulance cover.
Medibank extras cover offers you a flexible range of options designed to suit your individual needs8. With Medibank extras you can choose between a wide range of non-hospital treatments such as dental, optical, physio, remedial massage, and chiro.
You never know what’s around the corner, but with Medibank accident cover you’ll receive the benefits of top level hospital cover in a public hospital if the worst does happen9. Medicare will also cover the cost of your emergency ambulance to hospital.
If a medical emergency does occur the last thing you want to do is worry about paying unexpected bills. Medicare ambulance offers unlimited emergency ambulance so all you have to focus on is your health10.
Once you’re over the 6 month waiting period, Medibank extras offers you 100% back on all prescription glasses and contacts with any recognised provider, up to annual limits11.
Medibank offers you 100% back on your annual check-up at over 6,700 Members’ Choice dentists throughout Australia. This excludes x-rays, and waiting periods apply12.
Medibank’s growing family packages allows you to choose a level of cover that suits your lifestyle and budget13. Please note that a 12 month waiting period applies to obstetric services.
Young adults cover:
Medibank young adults cover doesn’t just protect you if you get sick, it also allows you to take advantage of special offers on gym membership, movie tickets, and discounts on some of your favourite brands14.
How do I make a claim with Medibank health insurance?
With Medibank, managing your health insurance has never been easier. Medibank offer on-the-spot claiming so you won’t be out of pocket for long periods of time14. Simply swipe your Medibank membership card at one of their outlets and your claim will be processed on the spot. All you have to do is pay the balance.
Medibank has also created an online tool that allows you to update your details, organise your payments, and make claims. ‘My Medibank’ allows you to search for Members’ Choice providers, access your policy details, and check your extras limits without leaving the comfort of your home.
How do I become a Medibank member?
To become a Medibank member or to find out more about the services they offer, call 134 190 or pop into one of the Medibank outlets listed on their website.
Want to compare health insurance the easy way?
While we don’t compare Medibank health insurance policies, at iSelect you can still compare health policies from our range of health funds. It’s easy to compare, and you can review policies side by side, and select the one which suits you. Compare online, or call us today on 13 19 20.
iSelect does not compare or sell Medibank products. Medibank is not an iSelect partner, nor is iSelect commercially affiliated with Medibank in any way. For a full list of the providers iSelect does compare, please visit our partners page.
We don’t compare all health insurance providers or policies in the market. The availability of policies will change from time to time. Not all policies available from our partners are compared by iSelect and due to commercial arrangements, your stated needs and circumstances, not all policies compared by iSelect will be available to all customers. Some policies are available only from our call centre and others are available only from our website. Click here to our range of providers.