- Lifetime Health Cover Loading (LHC)
- Best Health Insurance
- Cheap Health Insurance
- What Is The Medicare Safety Net?
- Health Insurance Claim Process
- Health Insurance Tax
- The Medicare Levy
- Penalties & Benefits
- How To Save On Health Insurance
- The Medicare Levy Surcharge (MLS)
- Australian Government Health Rebate
- Health Insurance Rate Rise
- Health Insurance & COVID-19 FAQ
- Coronavirus, Elective Surgery & Your Private Health Insurance
- Coronavirus & Health Insurance in Australia
- CRO Demo Module Page
- Rate Rise Knowledge Hub
- AIA Australia
- AHM Health Insurance
- NCA – Medicare Levy Surcharge – 2021
- NCA – Compare Health Insurance
- NCA BILLUSIONIST
- NCA AB GROAN
- BILLUSIONIST BETTERWAYS
- NCA BETTERWAYS
- Health Providers
- NCA ABTEST-ARTICLE
- PHI for EOFY
- Rate Rise Calculator
- Health Cover Check-Up
- Hospital & Extras Cover
- Ambulance Cover
- Dental Cover
- Pregnancy Insurance
- Health Insurance Waiting Periods
- Medical Gap Scheme
- Australian Government Rebate
- Life Stages Health Insurance
- Why Should I Get Health Insurance?
- Joining a Health Fund
- Review your health cover
- Switching Health Funds
- Finding Suitable Health Insurance
- Tips On Selecting Health Insurance
- A Better Way To Buy Health Insurance
- Participating Health Funds
- Medibank Private Health Insurance
- Frank Health Insurance
- Australian Unity
- Bupa Health Insurance
- Latrobe Health Services
- Health Partners
- Health Insurance For IVF
- What Is Crohn’s Disease?
- Private Health Insurance Tiers
- What Is Shingles?
- What Is Eczema?
- How To Discover If You Need Health Insurance
- Health Insurance & Pre-Existing Conditions
- Health Insurance Reforms
- Health Insurance FAQs
- Health Insurance Glossary
- How We Make Money
- Cancer Health Insurance
- How To Cancel Your Health Insurance
- Body Mass Index (BMI) Calculator
- Health Insurance For Cosmetic Surgery
- Health Care Insurance
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
- What Is HICAPS?
- Health Insurance For Single Parents
- Allied Health
What is the Difference Between Hospital & Extra’s Cover?
Hospital Cover will cover you when you are submitted to hospital for a procedure that is medically necessary*. You will generally receive:
- Choice of doctor
- Choice of hospital
- Little or no waiting lists.
Learn more about Hospital Cover.
Extras or Ancillaries cover
Extras or Ancillaries cover is for more day-to-day treatments that are generally conducted outside hospital.
Here are some examples of what is covered by Extras Cover:
- Visits to the dentist
All these services are conducted “outside hospital”. They are not covered under hospital cover.
Learn more about Extras Cover.
* Restrictions may apply depending on the policy chosen.
iSelect does not compare all products in the market. Not all products are available at all times.