- Cancer Health Insurance
- What Is The Medicare Safety Net?
- Health Insurance Claim Process
- Best Health Insurance
- Cheap Health Insurance
- Lifetime Health Cover Loading (LHC)
- Rate Rise Calculator
- Health Cover Check-Up
- Hospital & Extras Cover
- Ambulance Cover
- Dental Cover
- Pregnancy Insurance
- Health Insurance Waiting Periods
- Health Insurance Tax
- Penalties & Benefits
- How To Save On Health Insurance
- The Medicare Levy Surcharge (MLS)
- Australian Government Health Rebate
- Health Insurance Rate Rise
- The Medicare Levy
- Medical Gap Scheme
- Australian Government Rebate
- Life Stages Health Insurance
- Why Should I Get Health Insurance?
- Joining a Health Fund
- Review your health cover
- Switching Health Funds
- Finding Suitable Health Insurance
- Tips On Selecting Health Insurance
- A Better Way To Buy Health Insurance
- Participating Health Funds
- myOwn Health Insurance
- Medibank Private Health Insurance
- Frank Health Insurance
- Australian Unity
- Bupa Health Insurance
- Latrobe Health Services
- Health Partners
- Health Insurance For IVF
- What Is Crohn’s Disease?
- Private Health Insurance Tiers
- What Is Shingles?
- What Is Eczema?
- How To Discover If You Need Health Insurance
- Health Insurance & Pre-Existing Conditions
- Health Insurance Reforms
- Health Insurance FAQs
- Health Insurance Glossary
- How We Make Money
- How To Cancel Your Health Insurance
- Body Mass Index (BMI) Calculator
- Health Insurance For Cosmetic Surgery
- Health Care Insurance
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
- What Is HICAPS?
- Health Insurance For Single Parents
- Allied Health
Health.com.au – Health Policy Information 2019
|iSelect does not compare or sell Health.com.au products. For a full list of the providers iSelect does compare, please visit our partners page.|
Health.com.au is a relatively new entrant to Australia’s health insurance market. A specialist health insurance provider, the company was founded in 2012 after its founder noticed a lack of innovation in the private insurance space1.
Health.com.au aims to take the health insurance industry to a higher level of service. Their online-only offer seeks to make everything as simple as possible; they believe health insurance doesn’t have to be confusing with lots of asterisks and fine print.
What makes health.com.au different?
Health.com.au describe themselves as “reinventing health insurance”2. They strive to be different from other health insurance providers – removing the traditional frustrations that customers encounter by offering policies that are easy to understand, clearly defined coverage and a straightforward claims process1.
Experts in health insurance, their customer service team is available 24/7 online, and on the phone? between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday1. They offer live chat, and you can also make an appointment for the health.com.au team to call at a time that suits you.
Health.com.au offers free emergency ambulance transport as part of all its policies, and you’ll pay no excess if any of your children need to go to hospital1.
What health insurance products does health.com.au offer?
Hospital and extras policies:
Health.com.au allows you to browse policies depending on what’s important to you – from finding a policy from their range of offers, product to securing peace of mind that you’re well covered.
Their hospital and extras policies range from entry-level to base, heart (mid-range) and core (top-level) and you can choose what percentage you’d like to get back when you make an extras claim.
With health.com.au, you can mix and match hospital and extras offerings to tailor a policy that’s suited to you.
If you’re looking for hospital cover only, health.com.au lets you choose from entry-level, base, core and high hospital coverage3. A $500 excess generally applies to the cheaper policies.
Health.com.au offers flexible extras-only products that allow you to decide how much you’d like to get back when you make a claim.
Does health.com.au offer ambulance cover?
Yes, all health.com.au hospital, extras and combined policies provide emergency ambulance cover1.
Does health.com.au let me choose my healthcare provider?
Yes, health.com.au gives members the freedom to choose the healthcare provider they’re most comfortable with.
Can I manage my health.com.au policy online?
Yes, in fact, health.com.au encourages its members to manage their policies online. They don’t send paper copies of your policy documents, tax statements, and other communications unless you specifically request them to.
Will I have to serve a waiting period if I switch to health.com.au?
If you’re switching to health.com.au from another health insurance provider, they’ll honour the waiting periods that you’ve already served, so you won’t need to wait again4.
If you’re getting private health insurance for the first time, or have had a gap in cover, you’ll have to serve waiting periods before some benefits can be paid.
What are health.com.au’s waiting periods?
Health.com.au’s waiting periods are as follows:
- Hospital waiting periods: 1 day for treatment in hospital as a result of an accident, 2 months for treatment in hospital as a result of a new condition, and 12 months for treatment in hospital as a result of a pre-existing condition, and pregnancy-related services.
- Extras waiting periods: 1 day for ambulance cover, 2 months for general extras aside from major dental (12 months) and health appliances (12 months)
How do I lodge a claim with health.com.au?
As a health.com.au member, you can claim in two easy ways:
- On the spot: when you swipe your membership card through a HICAPS machine as you pay for your treatment (please note this may only be applicable with participating health care providers)
- Online: at health.com.au or via their mobile app
How do I pay for my health.com.au policy?
Health.com.au believes that making your premium payments should be flexible and simple. You can pay via direct debit or by credit or debit card; you’ll receive a 4% discount on your premium payments if you opt to pay by direct debit5.
You can also choose whether you’d like to pay on a fortnightly, monthly, quarterly, or yearly basis5.
Want to compare health insurance policies?
Currently iSelect does not compare policies from health.com.au, however you can still compare private health insurance policies available from our range of providers online, or by calling our friendly team on 13 19 20.
We don’t compare all health insurance providers or policies in the market. The availability of policies will change from time to time. Not all policies available from our partners are compared by iSelect and due to commercial arrangements, your stated needs and circumstances, not all policies compared by iSelect will be available to all customers. Some policies are available only from our call centre and others are available only from our website. Click here to view our range of providers.