- Switching Electricity Providers
- Electricity and Gas Providers
- Electricity Only Providers
- Energy Saving Tips
- Find The Best Energy Plan
- Find A Cheaper Energy Plan
- Renewable Energy
- Energy Comparison NSW
- Energy Comparison VIC
- Energy Comparison QLD
- Energy Comparison SA
- Energy Comparison ACT
- Family Energy Rebate NSW
- 10 Tips To Save On Your Gas Bill
- Top 10 Tips To Save On Your Electricity Bill
- Energy Plan Comparison
- Compare Electricity Melbourne
- Electricity Plan Comparison
- Gas Plan Comparison
- Gas Connection Sydney
- How To Save On Winter Bills
- How To Connect Your Electricity
- Energy Quotes
- Energy Smart Meters
- The Victorian Default Offer (VDO)
- The Default Market Offer
- How To Track Your Energy Usage
- Small Business Energy Use
Lumo Energy: Learn more about this 100% Aussie owned energy company
If you’re after an energy retailer with a difference, take a look at Lumo Energy. They’re an award-winning electricity and gas company offering easy-to-use plans, plus access to exclusive discounts on white goods, movie tickets, and more through big-brand partnerships1,2.
Lumo is 100% Australian owned by Snowy Hydro 3, which serves more than one million customers Australia-wide, and it partners with organisations that make a difference in Australia’s local communities.
Lumo Energy believes, ‘You’re the U in Lumo’, so let’s see whether Lumo is suitable for you.
What does Lumo Energy offer?
Lumo Energy operates in Victoria and South Australia and offers both electricity and gas products, so you can combine your energy needs and make life easy. Queensland and New South Wales were serviced by Lumo but have now been transferred over to Red Energy (also owned by Snowy Hydro).
Can I get discounts or rewards with Lumo?
Lumo loves to reward their valuable customers, so they’ve come up with two ways to do it:
- Lumo Ameego
- Refer a friend
If you sign up to an eligible energy product, you can reap the benefits of the Lumo Ameego shopping program2. The accompanying app lets you access rewards and exclusive discounts on:
- Movie Tickets
It’s a great way to start getting more out of your energy budget, and it comes with a simple savings calculator so you can see how much you can save.
Refer a friend and save
If you’re keen to share the Lumo love, you can refer a friend4. Both you and your friend will be rewarded with a $50 eGift card from a range of Aussie retailers when they sign up to Lumo. The more friends you refer, the more you can potentially save on your next shopping bill.
Electricity and gas in Victoria & South Australia
If you live in Victoria, you have a choice of three great Lumo Energy plans.
- Lumo Basic: A no-frills plan that comes with all of Lumo’s standard features
- Lumo Value: Comes with great pay on time discounts, and Lumo
- Ameego shopping rewards program
- Lumo Movers: Comes with same features as Lumo Value, with the additional benefits of no connection/disconnection fees.
All of Lumo’s plans come with the following features:
- Great energy rates
- No contract and exit fees
- MyAccount access
- e-Billing available
Lumo solar feed-in tariffs
If you have solar panels installed on your roof, then you might be eligible for solar feed-in tariffs for any excess energy you export back to the grid. How much rebate you receive depends on:
- The tariff you’re on
- When your solar panels were installed
- Lumo’s current offer
Can I manage my account online?
Among Lumo’s list of other benefits is their super easy online account platform5. It lets you:
- Check how much gas and electricity you’ve used
- Pay and compare your bills
- See your energy usage for each day, month or year
- Export your energy usage data
It’s a great tool to monitor your usage and see where you can save energy and money on your next bill.
Compare energy plans with iSelect
With iSelect you can compare our available Lumo energy plans alongside other energy plans on offer from our range of providers and plans*, and easily select the plan which suits you. Get started by comparing online today, or by calling our friendly team on 13 19 20.
*iSelect does not compare all energy providers or plans in the market. The availability of plans will change from time to time. Not all plans made available from iSelect providers are compared by iSelect and due to commercial arrangements or availability, not all products compared by iSelect will be available to all customers. Some plans and special offers are available only from iSelect call centre. Other plans are available only from iSelect’s website. Energy plans are available only for properties located in eligible areas of Victoria, New South Wales, South East Queensland, South Australia and ACT. Click here to view iSelect’s range of providers.