- Do I Need Car Insurance?
- Luxury Car Insurance Australia
- When To Start Your Car Insurance
- Car Insurance Information
- How Car Insurance Premiums Are Calculated
- Types of Car Insurance
- Comprehensive Vs. Third Party
- CTP Insurance
- Save Money On Car Insurance
- Switching Car Insurance
- Agreed Vs. Market Value
- Find The Best Car Insurance
- Tips For First Time Drivers
- Buying car insurance
- Third Party Fire and Theft Car Insurance
- Seniors car insurance
- Car Insurance Excess
- Car insurance ACT
- Car Insurance South Australia
- Car Insurance Terminology
- How To Reduce Your Car Insurance
- Third Party Property
- Overseas Imports Car Insurance
- Add A Learner Driver To Your Car Insurance
- Car Insurance For Young Drivers
Car insurance Tasmania
Are you up to date with your car insurance?
Not understanding how car insurance works could leave you financially vulnerable, so make sure you have the coverage you need.
To help you, here’s the lowdown on car insurance in Tasmania, from Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance to tips for getting a great deal on your additional policy.
First and foremost
One thing that’s the same across Australia: you must have CTP insurance before you hit the road. This provides financial protection from personal liability if you injure yourself, your passengers, other drivers or pedestrians while driving.
Get a good deal
CTP protects you from injury claims, but it won’t pay for vehicle or property damage if you cause an accident. That’s why you’ll need to choose a Comprehensive Car Insurance or Third Party** insurance on top of your CTP cover.
Here are some things to keep in mind as you search for the right policy:
• At renewal time. Has your renewal notice arrived? Take the time to review your policy to make sure it’s still the right choice for your needs and budget.
• Ask about discounts. Depending on your driving record and claims history, you may be eligible for significant discounts when taking out a new policy.
• Group your policies. If your household has multiple drivers, consider bundling all the cars into one policy and you could save on premiums.
• Before you sign. From your car’s insured value to your excess, check your coverage carefully to make sure your insurance won’t leave you hanging at claim time.
• Value trumps price. The cheapest policy may not cover everything you need. Compare policies to find the one that strikes the right balance between your budget and your needs.
Find a policy fast
If you don’t fancy spending your weekend on car insurance sites comparing quotes, let us do the hard yards for you.
Here at iSelect, we can provide you with a thorough comparison of different policies, so you can quickly and easily find insurance cover with the inclusions you need at a price that fits your budget. And we’ll do it all for free.
Get great value for money with iSelect’s car insurance comparison tool, or call iSelect HQ on 13 19 20 and let one of our consultants help you find the right policy.