- Do I Need Car Insurance?
- Luxury Car Insurance Australia
- When To Start Your Car Insurance
- Car Insurance Information
- How Car Insurance Premiums Are Calculated
- Types of Car Insurance
- Comprehensive Vs. Third Party
- CTP Insurance
- Save Money On Car Insurance
- Switching Car Insurance
- Agreed Vs. Market Value
- Find The Best Car Insurance
- Tips For First Time Drivers
- Buying car insurance
- Third Party Fire and Theft Car Insurance
- Seniors car insurance
- Car Insurance Excess
- Car insurance Victoria
- Car insurance NSW
- Car insurance Tasmania
- Car insurance ACT
- Car insurance Queensland
- Car Insurance Terminology
- How To Reduce Your Car Insurance
- Third Party Property
- Overseas Imports Car Insurance
- Add A Learner Driver To Your Car Insurance
- Car Insurance For Young Drivers
Looking For The Best Comprehensive Car Insurance?
Looking for great value car insurance? The best insurance won’t be the same for everyone. The right car insurance policy should provide the cover you need at a price that fits your budget.
Here’s how to choose a suitable policy for your needs.
How to find the best car insurance in Australia – Know your policies
The first step to finding suitable car insurance is knowing which policy you need.
Here’s a quick look at the different car insurance options:
• Comprehensive Car Insurance: Choose comprehensive car insurance for extensive protection – it covers you for fender benders and collisions, as well as theft, vandalism, fire, floods and storms. If the thought of anything happening to your car keeps you up at night, this could be the policy for you.
• Third Party Property: Third Party Property could be an appealing option if your car is more ‘bomb’ than ‘the bomb’. It covers damage you cause to another person’s vehicle or property, but won’t pay for repairs to your own car.
• Third Party Fire and Theft: This cover has the same benefits as Third Party Property cover, but with additional fire and theft protection for your car in case it gets stolen or your car goes up in flames.
Now that you know your policies, here’s some tips on how to choose one:
Always go for value over price
When it comes to car insurance, the cheapest policy isn’t necessarily the best. As many drivers have been unfortunate enough to discover, no policy is a ‘good deal’ if it doesn’t have the inclusions and benefits you need when you have to make a claim.
Whatever kind of policy you’re after, make sure you always consider what you’re getting for your money.
Everyone has different needs, so be sure to take advantage of driver discounts and other money-saving features on your policy.
• Young drivers. If you’re under the age of 25, you could face stiff premiums when taking out a policy, so it’s a good idea to review your policy annually.
• Older drivers. Being an older driver could mean you’re eligible for lower premiums. Depending on your age and driving history, you may be able to get significant discounts when taking out a new policy. Don’t be afraid to compare and switch policies at renewal time.
• Multi-car policies. Did you know that multi-car policies can offer great value? This is a great option for households with teenagers or adult children still living at home. Consider bundling your policies together for even bigger savings.
Find a great policy – fast
If the thought of reviewing a range of policies is making you sweat, iSelect can help. We’ll provide you with a quick, no-cost comparison to help you find a suitable policy.
iSelect does not compare all products in the market. Not all products are available at all times.
iSelect General Pty Limited ABN 90 131 798 126, AFS Licence Number: 334115. Any advice provided by iSelect is of a general nature and does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You need to consider the appropriateness of any information or general advice we give you, having regard to your personal situation, before acting on our advice or purchasing any product. You should consider iSelect’s Financial Services Guide which provides information about our services and your rights as a client of iSelect. We receive commission for each product sold.