- Do I Need Car Insurance?
- Luxury Car Insurance Australia
- When To Start Your Car Insurance
- Car Insurance Information
- How Car Insurance Premiums Are Calculated
- Types of Car Insurance
- Comprehensive Vs. Third Party
- CTP Insurance
- Save Money On Car Insurance
- Switching Car Insurance
- Agreed Vs. Market Value
- Find The Best Car Insurance
- Tips For First Time Drivers
- Buying car insurance
- Third Party Fire and Theft Car Insurance
- Seniors car insurance
- Car Insurance Excess
- Car insurance Victoria
- Car insurance NSW
- Car insurance Tasmania
- Car insurance ACT
- Car insurance Queensland
- Car Insurance Terminology
- How To Reduce Your Car Insurance
- Third Party Property
- Overseas Imports Car Insurance
- Add A Learner Driver To Your Car Insurance
- Car Insurance For Young Drivers
Compare Car Insurance ACT
Even if you’re a safe driver, you never know what can happen on the road.
To make sure you’re covered at all times, here’s a quick rundown on how car insurance works in the ACT, from the basics on Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance to savvy suggestions for getting a good deal on a Comprehensive or Third Party policy.
As a car owner in the ACT, you’re legally required to have CTP insurance, aka ‘Green Slip’ insurance, before you can register your car. CTP provides financial cover should you injure yourself, your passengers, other drivers or pedestrians while driving.
Motorists can choose from four CTP providers at registration time: NRMA, GIO, APIA and AAMI.* The premiums can differ between each of the providers.
Be policy wise
While CTP protects you from injury liability, it won’t pay for damages to your car or to another person’s property or vehicle if you’re involved in an accident. That’s why you need to shop around for the right Comprehensive Car Insurance or Third Party** insurance for your needs.
Here are some tips to help you find the right cover:
• Regular check-ups. Renewal time is a great opportunity to compare your Insurer with the competitors to make sure your policy still meets your needs and budget.
• Safe driver rewards. Based on your driving history, you may be eligible for a discount when taking out a new policy.
• Multi-car discounts. If you have teenagers or adult children living at home, bundling all the cars into one policy could be very wallet-friendly.
• Be a legal eagle. Check your coverage in detail, including the fine print. There’s nothing worse than making a claim only to discover your policy doesn’t include what you thought it did.
• Your needs come first. It’s better to look for value over price, as cheaper doesn’t always mean better. Make sure you’ve got the coverage you need when you need it.
Let us help
We understand you’ve got better things to do with your time than spend hours trawling through different car insurance sites and comparing quotes.
iSelect can help you compare car insurance quotes quickly and easily. We’ll even provide no-cost advice, if you need it, to help you select the right policy.
Get great value for money with iSelect’s easy-to-use car insurance comparison tool, or call iSelect HQ on 13 19 20 and let one of our consultants help you find the right policy.