iSelect ‘Health Insurance Premium Increase’
Win 1 Million Qantas Frequent Flyer Points Competition
Conditions of Entry
- These Terms & Conditions apply to the iSelect ‘Health Insurance Premium Increase’ Win 1 Million Qantas Points Competition offered by iSelect Ltd (ABN 48 124 302 932) of 294 Bay Road, Cheltenham, 3192 (“iSelect”) (the “Competition”). iSelect is the promoter of the Competition.
- We recommend that these Terms & Conditions be read in full.
- Information on how to enter and all Prize details form part of these Terms & Conditions. Participation in the Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
- The Competition commences at 10:00am on 10/02/14 (AEDST) and closes at 11.59pm (AEDST) on 31/03/2014 (“Competition Period“).
Eligible and Entry
- Entry to the Competition is open to permanent residents of Australia, aged 18 years or older only (“Eligible Entrant“) who meet the Entry Requirements set out in clause 6 of these Terms & Conditions. Employees of iSelect and Qantas Airways Limited ABN 16 009 661 901 (“Qantas“) and their immediate families are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- The Competition is open to Eligible Entrants who:
- purchase an eligible health insurance policy through iSelect.com.au or over the phone by calling 13 19 20 during the Competition Period;
- maintain the Eligible Policy for a period of 30 days from the date of purchase; and
- are members of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program, or become a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. Membership is subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions available at (https://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/do/dyns/joinffp?code=ISELECT) (the “Entry Requirements“).
- Eligible Policies consist of all health insurance policies purchased through iSelect, excluding overseas visitors cover (“Eligible Policy“).
- Eligible Entrants who meet the Entry Requirements receive one (1) entry in the Qantas Frequent Flyer Competition per Eligible Policy purchased during the Competition Period. Only one (1) entry per person is permitted during the Competition Period.
Prize, Prize Draw and Redemption
- The Prize draw will take place on 07/04/14 at 11.59am (AEST) at Level 3, Building 10, 658 Church Street, Richmond, Victoria, 3121 from all eligible entries received during the Competition Period. The Prize winner will be drawn at random.
- Subject to the Entry Requirements, the first eligible entry drawn will receive 1 Million Qantas Points (“Prize“). There will be one (1) Prize winner only and the Prize is not redeemable for cash.
- In the event that any Prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the iSelect’s control, iSelect may at its discretion substitute a prize of equal or greater value, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- If the winner is not already a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, membership to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, normally valued at AU$89.50, will be free of charge to the winner as an iSelect customer. To join, the winner must not already be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and must complete the standard join process including agreeing to the terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program (available at Qantas.com/terms).
- The maximum total prize pool is approximately $6,875.00 AUD based on a sample of the Qantas Frequent Flyer reward options (Awards) that could be obtained by redeeming the Prize through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program (as more fully defined in the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program available at qantas.com/terms) as at 21/01/14. For example, 3,800 Qantas Points could be redeemed for a David Jones Store Gift Card with a value of AU$25 and 998,100 Qantas Points could be redeemed for David Jones Store Gift Cards to the value of $6,875.00 AUD.
- The estimate of the maximum notional value of the Prize is provided for the purposes of information only. The maximum notional value of the Prize will vary depending on whether and how it is used. The maximum notional value for the Prize is correct as at 13/01/14 but the Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the maximum notional value of each Prize.
- All taxes which may be payable as a consequence of receiving the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Any additional expenses involved are at the Prize winner’s expense.
- iSelect’s decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Prize winner will be notified in writing via the contact details supplied when purchasing an Eligible Policy through iSelect within two (2) working days after the winner is drawn and published in the Australian newspaper on 16/04/14.
- If necessary, iSelect may conduct an unclaimed prize draw at the same time and place as the original draw on 08/07/14 (being at least 3 months after the date of the last draw) in order to distribute the unclaimed Prize. All non-winning entries from the original draw will be included in the unclaimed Prize draw. The winner of any unclaimed Prize draw will be notified in writing via contact details supplied of the draw within two (2) working days of the draw and the winners name will be published in the Australian newspaper on 14/07/2014.
- iSelect reserves the right to request at its absolute discretion verification of age, identity, residential address of the winner at and/or proof of entry validity and other information relevant to entry into or participation in this Competition. iSelect reserves the right to disqualify any individual who is involved in any way with interfering or tampering with the conduct of the Competition.
- iSelect assumes no responsibility for any failure to receive an entry or for inaccurate information or for any loss, damage or injury as a result of technical or telecommunications problems, including security breaches. If such problems arise, then iSelect may (where necessary with the approval of the relevant lottery authority) modify the Competition.
- Where necessary and subject to the approval of the relevant lottery authorities, iSelect reserves the right to modify and vary these Terms and Conditions or may withdraw the Competition at any time. Any decision of iSelect is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- The Prize will be credited by Qantas on behalf of iSelect into the winner’s Qantas Frequent Flyer member account and may take up to 28 days (or any other period agreed between the Prize winner and iSelect in writing) to be credited to the winner’s account from the draw date (or any redraw date, as applicable).
- Qantas Points can be used to redeem Classic Award and Any Seat Award seats. These are available on selected flights, availability is limited and booking conditions apply. Additional taxes, fees and carrier charges may apply. For more information about Classic Awards visit qantas.com/classicawards and for Any Seat Awards see http://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn/program/usingPoints/qantas-any-seat
- The redemption of the Prize is subject to the availability of Awards that may be obtained through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
- In the event that the Prize is redeemed for Award travel, the winner should be aware that the number of Award flight seats available is limited and availability depends on the flight, date, season and destination and some flights may not have any Award seats available. The winner will be responsible for any additional taxes, fees and carrier charges of Award travel or accommodation booked by redeeming their Prize. Taxes, fees and carrier charges vary depending on departure points, routes, exchange rates and dates of travel and are subject to change without notice. Award flights must be booked 24 hours before scheduled departure, unless you are booking on Qantas.com where you can book up to 2 hours before departure for domestic flights or up to 4 hours before departure for international flights. Some locations require earlier advance booking (and other advance booking requirements may apply). Award travel is subject to the fare rules and the Conditions of Carriage of the relevant carrier. Compliance with immigration, health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the winner.
- To the extent permitted by law, iSelect, its employees, and agents shall not be liable for any claims, damages, injuries, costs, and expenses suffered, sustained or incurred (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) as a result of, or arising out of, or in any way connected with this Competition and/or its prizes or any act or omission (whether negligent or not) of iSelect, its employees and agents.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Qantas. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to iSelect and not to Qantas. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to iSelect and not to Qantas.
- The Promoter is iSelect Ltd (ABN 48 124 302 932) of 294 Bay Rd, Cheltenham VIC 3192. Authorised under permit numbers NSW: LTPS/14/00631, ACT: TP 14/00277, SA: T14/139, VIC 14/3312.