About Health Insurance
- Why get Health Insurance?
- Top 6 Reasons You'll do better with iSelect
- Are you paying too much on Health Insurance?
- 5 Health Insurance hot tips
- A better way to buy health insurance
- Lifetime Health Cover Explained
- Compare your Health Insurance options with iSelect
- Life Stages
- Participating Health funds
- Joining a health Fund
- Means Testing
- Health Insurance & Tax
- Hospital & Extras cover
- Qantas Frequent Flyer Offer
- The Medicare Levy Surcharge (MLS)
- About the Medicare Levy Surcharge
- The Medicare Levy Surcharge and Your Tax Return
- Personal Income Tax & Health Cover
- Ways to save tax on health insurance
- The Health Insurance Rebate
- Explaining the Health Insurance Rebate
- Claiming the rebate as a reduced premium
- Claiming the rebate from a Medicare office
- Claim the rebate as part of your tax return
Claiming the Rebate as a Reduced Premium
This website is intended to provide general information only and does not constitute financial advice and should not be taken as such. iSelect urges you to seek advice from your financial advisor on your specific situation.
When applying for your new health insurance, or transferring from another fund, you are required to complete a Government Rebate Form and submit this to your nominated health fund, should you wish to claim the rebate as a reduced premium.
This form only needs to be completed by the main policy holder. If you are unsure how to complete this form there is an overview below.
At the top of your rebate form, write the name of your new health insurance fund.
Below this, you are asked for your new membership number. If unknown simply leave this section blank.
Where you're asked 'Are you covered by this policy' select YES and;
The date your 'premium reduction commenced' is the start date of your policy.
Continue filling in the following sections with your
- Medicare details
- Your personal details
- Other persons to be covered details
Select the Yes box on this second page, sign and date the form, and send it in and that's it!
- Download a copy of the rebate form here.
iSelect - a better way to buy private health insurance
Compare, select and save from a great range of competitive options matched to your needs and budget.