About Health Insurance
- Why get Health Insurance?
- Top 6 Reasons You'll do better with iSelect
- Are you paying too much on Health Insurance?
- 5 Health Insurance hot tips
- A better way to buy health insurance
- Lifetime Health Cover Explained
- Compare your Health Insurance options with iSelect
- Health Insurance Information
- Life Stages
- Participating Health funds
- Joining a health Fund
- Means Testing
Health Insurance & Tax
- Saving tax on health insurance
- Save up to 30%
- About Medicare Levy Surcharge (MLS)
- Australian Government Rebate
- Health Insurance Premium Rate Rise
- Hospital & Extras cover
- Qantas Frequent Flyer Offer
- In this Section
- 5 Private Health Insurance Hot Tips
- How to Save on Health Insurance
- Why get Private Health Insurance?
- Seven Top Tips On Health Insurance
- How do I Select Private Health Insurance?
- What is Loading?
- A Better Way to Buy Health Insurance
- Lifetime Health Cover - Please Explain?!
- Can I Switch Funds?
- Compare Participating Health Funds
- What is the difference between Hospital & Extras Cover?
- Private Health Insurance & Tax
- Save Tax on Health Insurance
- About the Medicare Levy Surcharge
- Hospital & Extras Cover
- What is Hospital Cover?
- What is Extras Cover?
Finding a Health Policy and Fund that suits you
For a some people, finding health insurance is difficult, as it's not something you do every day, and the information & pricing can be complex. If you're thinking about health cover, here are a few things to think about.
Use a broker!
iSelect can help you compare a great range of policies from our participating health funds. Our Health insurance consultants can discuss your specific needs and risks and find a policy that suits your needs and budget. Alternatively you can search online and compare your profile against policies from our participating health funds, plus arrange the policy and paperwork all at the same time!
Think about your needs
- Do you play a sport?
- Are you planning a family?
- Do you have a history of specific illnesses in the family?
What Medical Life Stage are you in?
- Young Adult – You may only require a basic level of cover
- Mature – An intermediate level of cover would cover you for common risks such as heart, stroke and vascular diseases which kill more people than any other disease in Australia - 37.6% of all deaths in 2002*.
- Senior – A higher level of cover should make sure you get hip and knee replacements and possibly Dialysis.
Note: Specific requirements will differ greatly – chat to a health insurance consultant who can find a policy from our participating health funds on 13 19 20.
* Statistics sourced from Heart Foundation research conducted in 2002.
iSelect - a better way to buy private health insurance
Compare, select and save from a great range of competitive options matched to your needs and budget.