About Health Insurance
- Why get Health Insurance?
- Top 6 Reasons You'll do better with iSelect
- Are you paying too much on Health Insurance?
- 5 Health Insurance hot tips
- A better way to buy health insurance
- Lifetime Health Cover Explained
- Compare your Health Insurance options with iSelect
- Health Insurance Information
- Life Stages
- Participating Health funds
- Joining a health Fund
- Means Testing
Health Insurance & Tax
- Saving tax on health insurance
- Save up to 30%
- About Medicare Levy Surcharge (MLS)
- Australian Government Rebate
- Health Insurance Premium Rate Rise
- Hospital & Extras cover
- In this Section
- 5 Private Health Insurance Hot Tips
- How to Save on Health Insurance
- Why get Private Health Insurance?
- Seven Top Tips On Health Insurance
- How do I Select Private Health Insurance?
- What is Loading?
- A Better Way to Buy Health Insurance
- Lifetime Health Cover - Please Explain?!
- Can I Switch Funds?
- Compare Participating Health Funds
- What is the difference between Hospital & Extras Cover?
- Private Health Insurance & Tax
- Save Tax on Health Insurance
- About the Medicare Levy Surcharge
- Hospital & Extras Cover
- What is Hospital Cover?
- What is Extras Cover?
How to save on Health Insurance
How can I save?
There are two ways iSelect has helped its customers lower their existing premium on health insurance:
- by changing the level of cover (so you don't pay for what you don't want); and/or
- by increasing the amount you will pay out of your own pocket when making a claim (such as the ‘excess’; ‘front-end deductible’ or ‘co-payment’).
We simply help you find a policy that suits your needs so you don't end up paying for something you might not want.
Other ways we can help:
iSelect also helps its customers with their health insurance in other great ways:
- we can compare your current costs and policy features to those policies available via iSelect so you can decide if it may be better to move health funds, policies or coverage features;
- we can provide you with advice on hospital policies that may remove the need to pay the Medicare Levy Surcharge (if applicable).
When was the last time you reviewed your health insurance? If you've just received your Price Rise Letter from your fund it's time to see what your options are to save.
Health Insurance Prices at iSelect
The premiums offered on our site are the same (excluding some special offers that may be provided by selected health funds) as those you will find at a local agent or directly through a health insurance fund.
Importantly, our service is at no additional cost to you. For our efforts, iSelect receives a fee from the relevant
participating health fund whenever a
customer enters into a health insurance policy arranged by us. The health fund generally pays a percentage of the base premium, and this
amount is not an additional charge to you.
We make every effort to ensure that the product you purchase is appropriate for both your situation and your budget based on the information you provide us.
Our participating health funds, covering a range of policy combinations together with our great advice and side-by-side comparisons, put you in control of your health insurance purchase.
Our Sales & Customer Service team is staffed with experienced insurance specialists who can answer your health insurance questions
quickly and accurately during the purchasing process and through the duration of your policy.
Our web site is designed to provide an easy-to-use tool for learning about insurance and coverage options and making the purchase process simple.
All of our plans include online applications, payment and mail/fax applications.
iSelect - a better way to buy private health insurance
Compare, select and save from a great range of competitive options matched to your needs and budget.