Participating Health Funds
We provide product recommendations from the following participating health funds that we act for:
- ahm Health Insurance
- Australian Unity
- Frank (GMHBA)
- Health Partners
- Latrobe Health
- Teachers Union Health (TUH)*
- Transport Health*
- Teachers Health Fund*
We may not compare all policies offered by our participating funds but only those which they wish to offer through iSelect. This is known as our 'Approved Product List', which can vary from time to time. We also may not compare all of our participating funds when recommending a policy.
Sure Path(by AU) is the brand name used to market various health insurance policies sold through iSelect. Sure Path is underwritten by Australian Unity, one of iSelect's Participating Health Funds.
Frank is underwritten by GMHBA.
ahm Health Insurance is a business of Medibank Private Ltd ABN 47 080 890 259.
* Teachers Union Health, Teachers Health Fund and Transport Health are restricted funds. This means that the funds offer health insurance to people who fit particular criteria.
Teachers Union Health (TUH)
TUH is predominantly open to people who are a member of a union in the education sector or the public sector, as well as their family members.
To join TUH you must meet certain eligibility requirements. If you meet any of the following criteria you will be eligible to join TUH.
1) Current and former members of one of the following:
- Queensland Teachers' Union of Employees - QTU
- Queensland Independent Education Union of Employees - QIEU
- Queensland Public Sector Union - QPSU
- Australian Services Union Clerical and Administration - ASU
- Australian Services Union Services Branch - ASU
- Community and Public Sector Union - CPSU
2) Any person who is has been employed by a school, university or any other tertiary education, further education or training institution (other than a teacher) and is or has been a member of a union or whose occupation had no union coverage.
3) Any person who is or has been an employee of QTU, QIEU or TUH.
4) Any family member (parent, partner of former partner, dependent child, adult child and their partner, grandchild, brother and sister inc. their partner and dependent children) of a person who is eligible to join TUH (whether the eligible person is a member or not).
5) You may apply for this policy if you or any of your extended family members were or are a member of a union in the Queensland education sector; the Queensland Public Service Union (QPSU), Australian Services Union (ASU), or Community and Public Sector Union (CPSU).
You are only eligible to apply if you or your partner are currently employed by or contracted to:
- A land, sea or air transport company,
- A government body responsible for administering services to the transport industry,
- A company that provides contract services to any of the above organisations.
Teachers Health Fund
Teachers Health Fund is a restricted health fund which means you must meet eligibility criteria in order to join Teachers Health Fund. Eligible members include:
Teachers and academics
If you are or were a full-time, part-time or student member of any of the following education unions:
- New South Wales Teachers Federation
- Australian Education Union (AEU) and affiliated unions
- Independent Education Union (IEU) and affiliated unions
- National Tertiary Education Union (NTEU)
- State School Teachers Union of Western Australia (SSTUWA)
- Institute of Senior Education Administrators NSW (SEANSW)
Administration and support staff
- A member of the Institute of Senior Education Administrators NSW (SEANSW)
- A current or former staff member employed by the NSW Department of Education and Training, The Office of the NSW Board of Studies, the Institute of Teachers or in the TAFE Commission, who is (or was) a member of an appropriate union, where one exists.
- A current or former employee of the NSW Teachers Federation or Teachers Mutual Bank (formerly known as Teachers Credit Union) who is (or was) a member of an appropriate union, where one exists.
The family of existing Teachers Health Fund members are also eligible to join. Eligible family members of the primary member include:
- A partner or former partner, including same-sex and de facto partners
- Dependant and adult children, including their partner and children
- Siblings, including their partners and children