- Car Insurance Information
- Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Agreed vs Market Value
- Comprehensive car insurance explained
- About Car Insurance
- Switching Car Insurance
- Save Money On Car Insurance
- Tips for First Time Drivers
- Car Insurance Glossary
Comprehensive Car Insurance – What you need to know
Comprehensive Car Insurance is like your best friend – there when you need it.
A Comprehensive policy is full-spectrum protection for your car. It covers accidental damage, theft and fire, as well as third party damage if you’re at fault.
To help you decide if it’s the right type of cover for you, here’s a closer look at what Comprehensive Car Insurance is and how it works to protect you.
What is comprehensive car insurance?
Comprehensive Car Insurance offers complete cover for your vehicle. It provides financial protection for your car in the event of:
• Collisions: It pays for the cost of repairing or replacing your car plus any third party damages.
• Accidental damage: It covers you for accidental mishaps, such as driving into your mailbox or garage.
• Severe weather damage: It pays for damage due to floods, storm damage, fire and more.
• Theft and vandalism: It covers you for malicious acts, including theft, vandalism and riots.
• Third party property damage: It can provide legal liability coverage usually of up to $20 million.*
Most comprehensive policies allow you to choose either an ‘agreed’ or ‘market’ value for your car.
Unlike market value, which is the current estimated value of your vehicle at the time of damage, the agreed value is a set amount. So, while the market value of your vehicle can change, the agreed value will stay the same until you renew your policy.
What are the benefits of comprehensive car insurance?
Along with the coverages already mentioned, comprehensive policies often come with a wide range of optional benefits, including:
• Cover for emergency repairs, towing and roadside assistance.
• Windscreen protection, hire car reimbursement and lost key replacement.
• Cover for extras such as alloy wheels, custom sound systems and other modifications.
• New replacement car if your new car (this usually means less than two years old) is a total write-off.
• The ability to change your excess, choose your own repairer and more.
Some of these options will come at an additional cost. Depending on your circumstances, you may also qualify for additional discounts on your policy, including no claim bonuses, safe driver and seniors discounts, and discounts for bundling multiple car policies together.
Do I need comprehensive car insurance?
If your car got damaged in an accident, could you afford to fix or replace it yourself? If not, knowing you have Comprehensive Car Insurance could be a weight off your mind.
We can help you choose the right car insurance policy…
If you’re searching for the right policy, keep in mind that every provider is unique.
The good news is iSelect can quickly and easily help you compare and understand all of your different options. Our consultants have the advice and experience to help you find a suitable policy and best of all, it won’t cost you a cent.
If you’re ready to find a great comprehensive policy, use iSelect’s car insurance comparison tool for a quick and easy online quote. Or call iSelect HQ on 13 19 20 and let one of our consultants help you find the right policy.